7,010 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate spice restaurant swim up suite hour lounge asiana restaurant romance concierge foam party beach cabana lobby bar hammock on the balcony our honeymoon ocean front corner suite turn down service presidential suite all inclusive resort
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We spent 6 days at the Hyatt Zilara in September for a 50th birthday of a dear friend. There was 15 of us and each and everyone one of us thoroughly enjoyed every single experience. From Juan to Carlos to Glynda with guest services, every member of the staff was incredible. We did the Chef Plate one night and didn't have a meal, we had an experience. The chef was outstanding and each course was a delight. The pool staff made sure all of our needs were met and the drinks never stopped flowing.

Thanks for such a marvelous experience,

Room Tip: I believe that there are only ocean side rooms, so each room is amazing. We stayed in room 805
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Walter,

It has been a pleasure to welcome you to stay with us at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, for the celebration of this special occasion, getting to be on this wonderful paradise together with your close friends.

We are delighted to know that all was great during your stay and that you were able to enjoy of this great experience, at great facilities, comfortable suites, with great entertainment and the excellent attention of our whole staff.

It will be wonderful to have you back real soon, for another group visit, or only to enjoy of a great vacation experience once again.

With the Service from the Heart,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This hotel is amazing great staff, clean hotel and rooms ( they even put balloons up around my room for my birthday) friendly people, food is lovely and the entertainment is fab something for everyone. Swim up rooms worth every penny! Staff can’t do enough to help and make ur time there perfect. Spa is the best one I’ve ever been to and I have had a lot. We were lucky enough to be apart of realising the turtles which was so amazing and one. Of the best things I’ve ever done as well as going parasailing there which was so good. There is lOts of choices of food even for the fussiest of eaters and please go to the cafe and have a yummy milkshake. can’t wait to go back and make more memories.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicky,

Thank you for taking the time to share trough Trip Advisor, the comments of your recent experience staying at Hyatt Zilara Cancun.

We are delighted to know that you very much enjoyed of this experience, having your birthday celebrated with a decoration in your room, as well as enjoying the whole facilities, entertainment, from the wonderful spa treatments and services, lots of delicious options for food and all with the attentive and friendly service of our entire staff.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and pamper you again with the Service from the Heart.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

It was amazing to celebrate my 40th birthday.
There was 19 guests and we all had a fabulous time. The food was great and the drink kept flowing.
The staff was so helpful and courteous.
I would recommend this place!! Amazing

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank charlottehI4551DZ

Dear Charlotte,

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and your friends to celebrate this special occasion with us at Hyatt Zilara Cancun. We are delighted to know that you very much enjoyed of your 40th Birthday on the company of your dear close friends.

We are very happy to know that you had a wonderful experience, with all taken care by our outstanding staff, for you only to enjoy of your visit and celebrations.

We will be delighted on having you back real soon, for another fantastic experience, being pampered by the Service from the Heart.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed at Hyatt Zilara Cancun at the beginning of September and have nothing but AMAZING thoughts about our trip. Not only were the employees and the service they gave awesome, but Everything else from food & drinks, to our room & view, to the look feel of the entire resort was absolutely incredible. Everything is all-inclusive, so all you can eat and drink with tons of options, and it is also adults only which is great! They absolutely treat you like royalty here. It is 100% worth checking out. My husband and I would Love to visit again!

Food & Drink:
The food at this resort is So tasty and high quality. There are various options all day long to choose from, including an awesome buffet spread and various sit-down restaurants, as well as room service too.
All of the food we had was great, & the wait staff is so friendly, polite and extremely efficient. You need to make a reservation for the Japanese/Hibatchi restaurant, but other than that, everything is open to walk in for. The buffet is far from basic! I have been to many buffets, and this one was by far the best! It did not taste like your typical average buffet food. Everything tasted High quality and fresh with endless options for every time of the day!
There is a cafe where you can grab coffee, lattes, pastries and desserts any time of the day, and everything is delicious from there as well. I also want to mention the sports area/game lounge they have which serves various snacks and alcohol while offering a place to play pool or ping pong with your friends or significant other, or to watch tv and relax on the sofas around the area.
The beverages are all top notch! They serve everything and anything you you can think of, including very high end liquor! We were so surprised and pleased to see such an awesome bar spread, as typically with all inclusive resorts, they do not serve well known brands, and the drinks do not usually taste that great. The bar spread is huge and there are many places to grab a drink from, including right from the pool at the swim up bar. There are also constantly wait staff traveling along the pool, if you are sitting outside of it, and want to order something from them.
I think Maria Marie was my favorite restaurant overall.

Vibe/Appearance:
This is a pretty laid back and relaxing resort. There are plenty of areas to relax in quiet but then there are also great areas to enjoy good music and that have a "party feel" too.
This is a perfect resort for couples. No kids, and no craziness. There was one day that they threw a foam party, where they played louder music at the main pool, but it was still very enjoyable. My husband and I love to party and have a great time, but also love to relax sometimes too; and this resort was a perfect mixture of both, in my opinion. The crowd is a good mixture of age groups, but mostly everyone there was very chill and no one was ever getting out of hand or rowdy like you might see at some resorts.
The vibe and air of the resort is very luxurious. And everything looks very rich and gorgeous. It is a beautiful place- the pool area, beach, cabana beds, bars, everything has an amazing look. The views from everywhere are breathtaking. It really makes you feel like a King & Queen.

Rooms:
AMAZING. The beds are very comfortable. The look of the rooms is beautiful, modern and clean. They are also very spacious as well. I dont know if all rooms come with the same amenities, but ours had a huge Jacuzzi tub and awesome view of the pool, as well as the ocean. We had a huge balcony with a hammock on it, which was SO awesome to sit at night and listen to the ocean waves with wine!! Room service was great, and always left the room fresh and clean! The shower and bathroom area is huge with tons of shower head options and great pressure. Room comes stocked with a minibar fridge. The resort also supplies you with bug spray in the room if needed too.

Entertainment:
We did not engage in too many activities, but from what we saw, there is plenty to do and see throughout each day/evening. They offer nightly entertainment, including various themed shows, and late night live music. We played Bingo once during the day, where we ended up actually winning, and won a bottle of tequila! Overall, it is not a very "entertainment focused" resort, I guess you could say, but this did not negatively impact the time we had at all. Also, if you are looking for a crazy party resort night or day, this is not that type of place, which also was not a negative for us either.

Specific shout outs:
The customer service/treatment at this resort is hard to beat, and a large contributor to why you should stay at this resort!
I honestly wish I got the name of every single employee I encountered from the start, because let me tell you, not one person we met did a below amazing job! They all deserve special thanks and recognition.
I did manage get the names of a few employees throughout our stay however, and want to give a special shout out to them for making our experience that much more incredible! ...
Carlos - waiter from Spice
Carlos - he was always up front to warmly greet us, in a black suit, and checking on us throughout our meals, from Spice
Angel (I think we met a total of 3 of them throughout the resort at all different places)
Dionisio - waiter from Maria Marie
Gabriel - waiter during one of the shows in the evening
Arturo - waiter from Spice
Alan & Melina - from the Cafe
Thank you SO much to each one of these employees - they were so welcoming and kind, and we enjoyed our stay so much more in part because of them! Hyatt Zilara- you have an awesome staff! Again, this is a Huge contribution to what makes this resort a TOP notch place to stay.

*Lastly- I want to note also that my husband and I have stayed at the Hyatt Zilara in Jamaica - and let me say Cancun, you are doing it all VERY right! You definitely topped Jamaica by a long shot! If anyone is looking to go to either one of these resorts and is trying to decide which one- do yourself a huge favor and choose Cancun Zilara !!

I would have to say overall, this was one of the best vacations I have ever taken :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaO2675
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Jessica,

It has been a pleasure to welcome you to stay with us at Hyatt Zilara Cancún to enjoy from your well deserved vacation time and we would like thank you for reviewing our hotel in such a detailed way, mentioning all the positive in our facilities and services.

We are thrilled to know that you very much enjoyed of your days with us, in a wonderful room, with stunning views, delicious menus at all the restaurants, great quality drinks, great entertainment with many activities during the day and shows, parties and special events every night, experiencing great features as the Tepanyaki grill at Asiana, the new coffee shop, the gym with an incredible view, all with the wonderful attention and outstanding service provided at all times and areas, by the whole staff, making you feel pampered and comfortable to only enjoy of this fantastic visit to the Caribbean.

Once again, thank you for your visit and for your fantastic review, we will be passing on your words of appreciation to all the members of our staff that you mentioned, due to their wonderful performance and attention. We will be delighted on welcome you back real soon, for another unforgettable vacation experience at Cancun.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends