“Great holiday”

Ranked #49 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I booked this holiday and was slightly worried after seeing other reviews. However, we had an excellent experience. The staff were great. Food: felt that being in Mexico we had a limited varity of Mexican food, however the seafood resturant was excellent and I highly recommend it so was the sushi bar. Do not pay for taxi's into 'the strip' as excellent bus services run from outside the hotel complex.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we know the great importance to you and your family mean your holiday, so we are honored to have received in our hotel.
We hope to visit again in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Family had a great time and Marco our waiter on the beach was awesome. He always made sure we had a drink in our hand and a smile on our face. We have been home a week and we still miss Marco. My son and daughter in law also had their wedding and it was great and worry free.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Vickie R
Dear Vickie:

We appreciate the comments made to us through this medium. Your review motivates us to give our guests a high quality service. We are delighted to have met your expectations and that your stay has been pleasant.

Hope to see you again.
Idaho Falls
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked this hotel same day through Priceline from a fishing lodge, needing one night in Cancun before catching a plane. Priceline took my money and confirmed my reservation. Upon arrival, the hotel declined to accept my reservation and--rudely--told me to take it up with Priceline. I did... Priceline called the hotel and the hotel told Priceline they would not honor the reservation. The were overbooked, but didn't bother telling Priceline, apparently. Priceline refunded my money, plus 20 percent, but I'm pretty leery of going that route again--hot stoves shouldn't be touch twice. And I won't be staying at the Oasis Palm. Ever.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank upacreek333
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was overwhelmed by the quality of the food, service, and location. I went with my wife and family to have our wedding ceremony and we could not be happier with the experience. Our server at the pool/beach, Marco Antonio Hernandez was always there throughout the entire week and was friendly no matter how busy he was. We went to most of the restaurants and my only regret is I wasn't there long enough to be able to try all the dishes. Since this was the end of football season, the resort put on a super bowl party and served chicken wings and party food. Our wedding was beautiful and my wife and I are thrilled about how it turned out. I hope to return to the Grand Oasis Palm as soon as possible. I highly recommend this resort for any group wanting to experience the best of Cancun.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms with balconies are the best in my opinion (views are amazing) but the only do...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your comment. We're glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the activities and facilities. I waited again soon.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had a great time at the Grand Oasis Palm Jan 13-20. Our family has 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9) and we travelled with my sister and her family (kids 2 and 4) and another couple with a child age 7. They all had fun. The beach was great, as shallow, clean, close to resort and child friendly.
The restaurants were good (we had dinner at mexican, steakhouse and careyes and dinner at all the restaurants). We had no issue with reservations but I made sure to be there 10-15mins before they took reservations, then I usually waited 10 mins or so. Defintiely worth upgrading to the grand side, otherwise food selection and choice would be minimal. I loved doing yoga poolside then having a mimosa outside. Weather was not as warm as usual (lots of cloud cover and cool wind but cant blame this on the resort). Waiters on the beach were amazing. Thank-you Hervin and Fernando. Kids had fun laying on the cabana beds. Plenty of drinks everywhere and my family LOVED the Sushi bar. La Bamba had excellent seafood at lunch and the steakhouse had amazing lunches. Check in was slow and it took a while to find our rooms but otherwise front desk helpful. Warning there is limited rooms with balconies and if you do take a balcony room this takes away from space in your room. The beds in the room were fairly comfy for Mexican standards and room space decent. Maid service was basic. Towels etc not replenished regularly and there always seemed to be sand on the floor. No towel art, etc we have been used to in other hotels. Safe key was expensive and a pain to have to carry a safe key rather than a lock. We didnt access spa, as overpriced :( Didnt take in many shows so cant give a fair comment but what we saw was basic. The hamburger,hot dog and taco cart were handy but sometimes a little repetitive as this was only option for food at certain times (they should stagger restaurant openings so there is always a main restauarant open). I missed having a smoothie bar, as Ive had this at other places but other than that choice and food was good. Hotel rated as 4.5 star, I would have give it 4 star. For cost compared to other hotels, I believe it was good value for $. Seamless transfers between airport and hotel and it is on a bus route to go to Walmart, market, downtown etc. The only big negative was the elevators. They were very slow and they often skipped floors. Tip, stay on lower floor where you can walk but the view up high is nice :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views but elevators are VERY slow and often skip floors so you are better st...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle S
Dear Michelle:

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Cancun.
We are glad you liked and enjoyed our facilities, the great variety of restaurants, as well of the activities and the entertainment.

It was a pleasure to have your family and you as guests, we hope to see you again very soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were at the Grand Oasis Palm January 26-31st and had a wonderful time. Most of the staff are awesome except for the guys in the hamburger hut. They were rude and didn't care if they waited on you or not. On the other hand everyone was great, very attentive and friendly. Food was mediocre but the staffs friendliness almost made up for it. I will agree on some reviews I read about the noise from the night club, even on the 7th floor you could hear it, glad it only went til midnight. Drinks were good and you could get almost anything you wanted. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carla:

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are glad you spent your holiday in our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to serve you and make your stay with us an unforgettable experience.

Glenwood
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My trip was a short but sweet 3 night middle-aged girls' get away. We went Jan. 20-23. We were a little confused when taking our shuttle to the resort as there are several 'Oasis' resorts.
We were accidentally dropped off at the 'Oasis' not the Grand.

We were glad we booked the Grand instead of the connected 'Oasis' palm. It is a bit slower paced on the Grand side.
Because these 2 resorts are connected it makes for one very large resort with a lot of people and becasue of the reasonable price, a lot of kids. The downside for us 'mature' women was a beach crowded with families, and never a free chair during prime sunning time. but the best part of the Grand is we had the use of 2 totally different resorts that were a bus ride away.
We went to the Oasis Viva twice to enjoy the 21 and over beach and could eat and drink there just as if we were staying there. The beach there was excellent.
When you take the bus there you need to tell the driver to stop by the Presidente hotel, which is right by the Viva - or you'll go too far and have to walk pretty far.
The other resort you can use is the Oasis Cancun which looked very nice also but we didn't venture that far as our stay was short.
Back to the Grand...Eduardo was very welcoming right from the beginning, helped us get started enjoying our stay even though we arrived earlier than check in time. All through our stay he was extremely kind and helpful. He even printed out our flight information the day we left as we sat and ate our breakfast.
The food really is very good for the most part and the service is awesome. The staff seems to work very hard to make us feel at home. We had the best margarita's 'I've ever had at the Agave restaurant.
We had exceptionally warm and friendly service from Juan at the Agave and we were pleasantly surprised when he was at the Steak house (can't remember the name) He was outstanding and went out of his way to make our experience very special.
Although the Oasis side is louder and more crowded I have to say it was very fun to walk around listening to the Mariachi bands and stopping at the different buffet restaurants to get a dessert or bite and watch all the people. The setting is very beautiful.
I did read the other reviews about the elevators and they are small and not really slow but they are stopped a lot because there are 10 floors. We were on the 9th floor which was never a problem for us but we are all in good shape and appreciated getting exercise to work off the food and drinks.
But if you have any health issues about taking stairs you might want to try to stay at least on the 4th floor or below. The view from the ninth floor was awesome though.
For the price of this resort I would definitely recommend it, for families it would be perfect.
For people who are used to very fancy 5-star resorts this might not be nice enough for you, but then you will be spending more money.
The beds were very comfortable and room was a good size and clean.

Last but not least...we got quite a kick out of the artwork all through the Grand Palm. Very large mexican women in odd poses. Nothing inappropriate, just odd. Like I said we got a good
laugh out of them. We named the one in our room Norma.
Adios!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lori:

We hope to see you again.