“Grand Oasis Palm”

Grand Oasis Palm
Ranked #49 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“Grand Oasis Palm”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this trip last minute and got a reasonable price through sunwing so our expectations were possibly slightly lower due to price.

The room:

The room was equip with a king bed, large tub, double sinks, nice size balcony over looking the lagoon, and a mini fridge stocked daily. The use of the safe is an extra $8 usd per day. And wifi is extra cost of $7 for 12 hours or $30 for 5 days. It worked fairly well we purchased it for twelve hours. The hallways are a bit noisy at night, but being a family resort everyone is usually quiet by 11pm. Front desk service is nothing go brag about, they need some training on customer service.

Elevators: there is sometimes a bit of a wait, but not as bad as people make it out to be. The most wait was about 5 minutes at tops.

Restaurants: there is 3 buffets and at least 4 a la cartes I believe, and we had unlimited reservations. Reservations are each morning at 9am and gives people arriving everyday a fair chance at reserving. We got our choice every time as well as the time we wanted to go as well . Real plus. The food was average at the buffets and most of the a la cartes was pretty good. The services in most restaurants is really good. Buffets not as good as a la cartes but that is to be expected. The snack bars aren't open nearly long enough during the day, and you can't get a drink before 10am, and by then the sun is beating down on you! The ice cream machine is awesome, but again not open nearly long enough during the day. There is no snacks late evenings so we found ourselves eating at the buffet for a snack before the show each night.

Housekeeping:
Our fridge was refilled daily, bed made and fresh towels. However the floor was never swept, so we kept getting sand everywhere and one day our room was wide open when we came back from an excursion. Kind of disappointing for me personally, we did tip occasionally and they never did any designs with towels or put any extra effort into it.

Beach and pools:
There are two large pools to use, which are both clean and shaded. They get busy with all the kids at times but try to find a corner where you won't be splashed. The beach is clean and the guy works hard every night to organize chairs, which didn't go un noticed. The water is really calm so there is a little more seaweed around the beach and in the water. But great for little kids that can't swim to just play.

Entertainment :

There is a nightly show which was always nice at the grand ballroom. There are activities through out the day that are planned, with adults and children. I tried an early morning yoga class for the first time and was welcomed and felt the instructor was great. Allan works as part of the entertainment team and is fantastic ! He's great with children and always working 24/7! There is also a kids club on site which we didn't see because we don't have children but heard from others is was good.

Overall: the resort was pretty good for the price we paid, however personally for a few hundred more dollars we would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller12234
Dear Guest:

We are flattered to know that your stay with us has motivated you to share such a great review about our hotel.
We are very happy to have met your expectations and that you were able to have an excellent trip to Cancun. We work hard to create positive experiences for our guests and for you to remember our hotel with a huge smile.
Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. It makes us happy to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed from April 17-24 on a girls trip with my 2 friends. Immediately upon arrival the staff were beyond welcoming, check in was a breeze and they tried to familiarize us with the hotel as quick as they could. They looked sincerely happy to have us as guests. If you're looking to party very hard go to Oasis Cancun for a wild crowd and a wavy beach but this resort is where you'll feel relaxed and enjoy clean pools and way nicer rooms. It's also excellent for families as water is not too deep and there are activities galore. Renting the jet skis was a blast! If you're in vacation mode you won't care about a slow elevator or making early a la carte reservations, we woke up early every morning and the line ups were either very small or non existent. Rebecca at the tequila lounge is very sweet, Ever and Herven are great at what they do and the manager Eduardo Perez was simply the best! Always checked up on us at breakfast time and tried to ensure we were having the most enjoyable trip possible. If you stop for a moment and look around you will see these employees work SO hard, please validate their hard work and tip them! I never had a empty drink in my hand and was always greeted with the warmest smile :) Being 3 young girls we felt safe and I was sad to say goodbye to this resort! PS: if you ever tire of the food order Dominos Pizza, it arrives on a scooter faster then you can even make it to the lobby- amazing! We stayed in room 2543 on the 5th floor and it was all we needed with a great view. Till next time my friends :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brittany460
Dear Brittany:

We appreciate the comments made to us through this medium. Your review motivates us to give our guests a high quality service. We are delighted to have met your expectations and that your stay has been pleasant.

We hope to see you again.
Westport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Whilst most vacations are typically planned out far in advance, my girlfriend, Sandy, and I, Kat, decided to book a 1 week trip to Cancun on a Monday and leave that Friday. We booked an all inclusive trip with 5 star accommodations through a third party vendor... I would like to take the time to warn others about BookVIP.com. They were terrible, disorganized, and very misinformed about their own site and what they offered and the worst is they booked us at the wrong hotel and after much debate we ended up at the latter. Let me just say now, we were already not in the best state of mind about our vacation, and though we agreed to make the best of our vacation regardless since it was inevitable we were still going, we weren't exactly happy with the arrangements. To top it all off, my girlfriend Sandy left her cell phone on the plane and we weren't able to retrieve it till we flew back home a week later so negative attitudes were high.

Despite our not so best demeanor, the staff at Grand Oasis Palm was exceptional from the second we walked through the doors to the day we left them with hugs and good memories. I honestly believe if it wasn't for the outstanding staff, we would not have been nearly as happy as we were with our trip, even with all the sand, sunshine and mimosas two single ladies could ask for.

The waitstaff at each of the buffets and restaurants available were exceptional. They greeted us with a smile and were much obliged to get us whatever we wanted within availability. Sandy and I are creatures of habit, in that we were supposedly known for drinking mimosas and "special" coffees all week. The staff were sure to have our favorites on hand at any given moment and always made sure our glasses were full, our to go cups were ready and that we were content with everything. One waiter, Juan, who worked in Las Palmas, in particular was so sweet. We had over-anticipated the sunshine and stayed out too long one of our first days and burnt really badly, more so my friend Sandy. After not seeing him for two days due to a day off for him and our dining plans he came in with a bottle of aloe vera for us. It was very very sweet of him to think of us and to go out of his way to make sure our stay, whatever way possible, was a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We would like to thank him and the rest of the waitstaff such as David who also worked in Las Palmas, as well as Gustavo from Aires del Norte. They went above and beyond our needs or expectations.

Tequila Lounge, as boring as some hotel lounges can certainly be, was nowhere near this. Rebeka and Elbert were the best bartender and waitress we could ever expect to have. We asked for something different, for sum fun shots, and fruity drinks, and they served up all sorts of concoctions and the amount of patience they must have had with our crazy, but fun loving selves can not be beat. We're crazy to begin with never mind when we're full of alcohol. Thank you for the laughs and good memories, yes we remember them all ;o)

The concierge was beyond accommodating with all of our concerns, needs and wants. We were unhappy, they fixed it, we wanted suggestions for food and partying, salsa dancing and fun excursions and they had names, numbers, addresses, directions and all the best hookups. They were always smiling and courteous and fun to be around in general. We didn't start or end our day without checking in with them, sometimes just to say hi and tell them how much we appreciated how wonderful they were and how positive all of the experiences we had due to their suggestions. Zoe, Jose, Marlene, Jessica, Ari, Alejandro, Bernardo and Eduardo you are the absolute best! Both Sandy and I have a lot of experience as guests and working with people, and that hotel would not be the same without all of you. You're all kindhearted, sweet and thoughtful, courteous, accommodating and remarkable beyond words! Though the warm weather and lack of work and responsibility will be missed, we will be missing our time with all of you the most. Thank you again for everything you did for us, and for being as wonderful as you are. We will definitely be visiting again! LOVE YOU ALL!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kc3263
Dear Guest:

It is a great pleasure to receive feedback on our service and this motivates us to keep improving and so ensure a high quality service. We look forward welcoming you again in our hotel where you will receive with open arms and the satisfaction of seeing you again.
Again, we appreciate your trust in us.

Best regards.
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went to the Grand Oasis Palm the first full week of April.. the weather was great and I love the atmosphere at the Grand Oasis. The hotel manager Eduardo Perez went over and above to make our stay a pleasant and relaxing time. We took our daughter and her friend for the senior spring break and they loved everything about the hotel. I would recommend this for a family cvacation spot ! will definatley be back! I love the location of the grand its close to the dock to go over to the Island and the playboy casino!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tammy B:

We hope to see you again.

South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great experience----- Brought my wife and 4 kids to this resort and it was spectacular!! I had read many reviews stating long lines, rude service and bad food!! This was just not the case, we had a great time with very gracious employees at every turn!! Rebeca in the tequila lounge, Javier at the sushi bar--were Great. The elevators were busy and you needed to be patient especially if you were waiting to come down or go up at peak hours but other than that they were fine!! I really felt that my expectations were exceeded in all areas(maybe they could have added an elevator) but the whole experience was great!! if you needed something extra if you asked they accomodated!! one side negative was at the bar that is just downstairs in the oasis palm portion and the bartender told my wife she could not have a vodka because it was top shelf. I thought it was funny, because I knew it was top shelf and was more than willing to pay for this special vodka when she wanted it!! We just left that spot and we went to the Tequilla bar in the Grand Oasis Palm portion and Rebeca was more than happy to give us what we asked for and we were happy to pay(she was great and very helpful with activity ideas)!! THis was All inclusive but we are realistic and specialty drink items I did not expect to be included. Not a complaint just an FYI how one employee can set a poor tone, there were so many places to choose from at this resort we just decided to not go to that one!!

My kids had a blast and had plenty to do with the resort activities but we also took advantage of may offsite stuff that was a lot of fun too!! Thanks for the great VACATION!!

Room Tip: try to get a lower floor so if elevators are busy take the stairs!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan G
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Dan:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.
We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding members of our team. We shall of course congratulate them for their terrific work.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We got back from our stay about a month ago and I feel horrible that I'm just now writing our review about how great our vacation was! This was our second time here, last year (see review) we had an amazing time and decided to go back this year. There is no better deal for the level of hospitality, endless food and drink, and entertainment so we plan on returning next year as well. The number one WOW about this place has to be the customer service. We had excellent service at all the restaurants and bars that we went to, but the people at the Las Palmas were the best. Luis, Ever and the manager (oops, I'm sorry I forgot your name!) made us feel at home every time we were there! Luis brought us drinks before we could even tell him we needed another one, and went to two other restaurants to find me milk for my 2 year old! You don't find people like that anywhere else!!! We went there every night for dinner thanks to the great service.
This is a family friendly resort. This means you'll see children playing on the beach among it's peaceful waves and not getting drug in too far for them to reach. The kids club is awesome and open from the morning until later at night after their daily movie is over. Our kids always wanted to go, but we enjoyed spending time with them and only took them for a couple of hours the last two days of our trip. We weren't told that we had to check in every hour... not sure what that was about, but our children are very well behaved and loved the group activities. They post a schedule every morning showing what they'll be doing that day and we had them pick the activities and go accordingly. You can't just walk in and play video games, because they try to keep the kids together doing activites. Our daughters loved the kids size pool, chairs and water slide!
They have 3 buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner or you can wait in a line to make a reservation at some other restaurants for dinner. We love Las Palmas so much we had dinner there every night. In between there's all kinds of snacks available so our kids never went hungry, and bars everywhere so no one ever got thirsty. Our girls loved the virgin mango daquiris! We went to a couple of the shows this year for the first time and they were awesome!!! I could really go on and on about how great this place is, and honestly get offended when I see negative reviews.. especially when it's people I remember seeing there, and seeing them being rude to the employees. We were there with a couple of spring breakers that were acting obnoxious, but I don't see why that would be the hotels fault... Anyways. We love it here and can't wait to go back!!! My 8 year old asked it we could stay for 2 weeks next time.. and I'm recommending it to everyone I talk to. Thanks for the great time Grand Oasis Palm!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abelcort
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Abelcort:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we know the great importance to you and your family mean your holiday, so we are honored to have received in our hotel.
We hope to visit again in the not too distant future.

Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My entire family and a set of in-laws (19 of us total) travelled from Belize on April 17th and arrived at the Grand Oasis in the wee hours of the 18th...we were greeted by a very helpful staff, the hotel was clean n oderly. We totally enjoyed 3 nights and 4 days at Grand Oasis! The food (from ALL restaurants) was excellent, the "a la carte's" were so helpful since the kids were in and out of the water swimming, the water aerobics, yoga and all other activites n shows were wonderful n entertaining! Virgilio from the Tequila Lounge made the BEST drinks! When we were by the pool waiters came by often to bring us drinks. We totally enjoyed our trip and would definitely recommend this hotel to EVERYBODY. The ONLY thing I was a tad bit irritated about was that ther were only 2 elevators so to get from the top floors to the lobby took a while....BUT thats a small negative EVERYTHING else superceded that ONE thing Cant wait to go again. You all will see the Perdomo family again!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SylGil1217
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.
We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit to Cancun.