We booked this trip last minute and got a reasonable price through sunwing so our expectations were possibly slightly lower due to price.
The room was equip with a king bed, large tub, double sinks, nice size balcony over looking the lagoon, and a mini fridge stocked daily. The use of the safe is an extra $8 usd per day. And wifi is extra cost of $7 for 12 hours or $30 for 5 days. It worked fairly well we purchased it for twelve hours. The hallways are a bit noisy at night, but being a family resort everyone is usually quiet by 11pm. Front desk service is nothing go brag about, they need some training on customer service.
Elevators: there is sometimes a bit of a wait, but not as bad as people make it out to be. The most wait was about 5 minutes at tops.
Restaurants: there is 3 buffets and at least 4 a la cartes I believe, and we had unlimited reservations. Reservations are each morning at 9am and gives people arriving everyday a fair chance at reserving. We got our choice every time as well as the time we wanted to go as well . Real plus. The food was average at the buffets and most of the a la cartes was pretty good. The services in most restaurants is really good. Buffets not as good as a la cartes but that is to be expected. The snack bars aren't open nearly long enough during the day, and you can't get a drink before 10am, and by then the sun is beating down on you! The ice cream machine is awesome, but again not open nearly long enough during the day. There is no snacks late evenings so we found ourselves eating at the buffet for a snack before the show each night.
Our fridge was refilled daily, bed made and fresh towels. However the floor was never swept, so we kept getting sand everywhere and one day our room was wide open when we came back from an excursion. Kind of disappointing for me personally, we did tip occasionally and they never did any designs with towels or put any extra effort into it.
Beach and pools:
There are two large pools to use, which are both clean and shaded. They get busy with all the kids at times but try to find a corner where you won't be splashed. The beach is clean and the guy works hard every night to organize chairs, which didn't go un noticed. The water is really calm so there is a little more seaweed around the beach and in the water. But great for little kids that can't swim to just play.
There is a nightly show which was always nice at the grand ballroom. There are activities through out the day that are planned, with adults and children. I tried an early morning yoga class for the first time and was welcomed and felt the instructor was great. Allan works as part of the entertainment team and is fantastic ! He's great with children and always working 24/7! There is also a kids club on site which we didn't see because we don't have children but heard from others is was good.
Overall: the resort was pretty good for the price we paid, however personally for a few hundred more dollars we would stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "I'm all about the kid-stuff: endless entertainment, family-friendly accommodations, child-centric restaurants and a Kids Club that's cool as can be. But I've got that pampered, indulgent side, too, as a visit to my Kin Ha Spa shows - I always find plenty of fun stuff for parents to do while the kids are having fun. I'm like my sister resort, Oasis Palm - but a bit more upscale, with the extra amenities you're looking for. I'm Mexican and proud of it: my dancing, dining and decor reflect the culture of Cancun, with my delicioso Mexican food in the cantina and lots of activities for everyone". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Oasis Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort