Grand Oasis Palm is the perfect example of "you get what you pay for", if you are looking for some upscale romantic getaway this isn't the resort for you. With that said, for the money it was a great find. Ten of us traveled together (four kids) and we all enjoyed it very much. The staff is very attentive across the board, from the front desk, to the cleaning crew, the bartenders, waitstaff and most of all the beach waitstaff. We did spend one day at the sister hotel (Oasis Palm) next door but there was no service on the beach so we headed right back to our hotel where we were taken very good care of by Marco Antonio Hernandez Hernendez. He was the best server EVER! He made sure our drinks were never empty, he engaged in conversation, he even played with our kids! He was truly the best employee at the entire resort (but there really were no bad employees!). Also, at the steak house, Francisco and Gustavo were amazing as well, we went back three nights in a row! Our kids ate at the buffet and the staff there tended to them (happily) while we ate right outside the buffet at the steakhouses outdoor seating. The food was nothing great, the steak house and the buffet at the Oasis Palm (not the Grand Oasis Palm) were the best places to eat. If you book your stay at Grand Oasis you have full access to both hotels. You find a lot of people on trip advisor that will rate a hotel low based on one bad experience they had while there, maybe their sink dripped or their window wouldn't open etc, in my opinion these things have no overall bearing on whether I have a good time, the staff, the service and the food are what matters and all three were pretty good at this resort (well the staff was better than pretty good, they were GREAT!). Thanks Marco, we miss you and hope you enjoy your time at home - we will be looking for you when white water rafting becomes an Olympic Event!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "I'm all about the kid-stuff: endless entertainment, family-friendly accommodations, child-centric restaurants and a Kids Club that's cool as can be. But I've got that pampered, indulgent side, too, as a visit to my Kin Ha Spa shows - I always find plenty of fun stuff for parents to do while the kids are having fun. I'm like my sister resort, Oasis Palm - but a bit more upscale, with the extra amenities you're looking for. I'm Mexican and proud of it: my dancing, dining and decor reflect the culture of Cancun, with my delicioso Mexican food in the cantina and lots of activities for everyone". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Oasis Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort