OK, I will start by saying the pros of this hotel are just to be expected, pretty views of the ocean, clean beach and nice landscape but these things are expected. The wait staff at the restaurants were very friendly and eager to please. We especially liked our waiter "Ever" and the buffet on the Grand side. He made my son happy. Thank you Ever.
So much to write I don't know where to start. The Grand side of the hotel is supposed to be the "VIP" version of the Oasis Palm which is right next door. Pretty much attached. My husband and I went with our 5 yo son and spent more time on the Oasis Palm side as it was a bit more lively. Activites- gym with hardly any machines (1 tredmill, 1 elliptical, 1 bike and some free weightws, a smith machine and thats pretty much it. Water aerobics, yoga one day, a volleyball net but no one p[layed, kids club that wouldn't bring the kids into the pool or beach without 7 kids in the group so your kid may be inside all day. The waterslides for the kids are only for the kids in the kids club which was a huge disappointment to my son. They did show a movie each night which was played half english/half spanish. Most guests were actually Mexican. Elevators extremely small and crowded and usually had to wait for them. Towels were a huge issue. No washclothes, mats, hand towels and even bath towels one day. There was no ryhme or reason to the towel situation. And while it is usually customary that the towels on the floor are to be swapped out, they swapped out everything, but didn't replace everything. No coffee maker in the room, pay for safe and mini fridge (they never told us that), room service, and wifi (which was only good on 1 device). Noisy hallways for sure. Extreme echos. The peacock had us up at 6:30 or 7 each morning which was good because we had to wake up to go to the consierge at 7am or 9am to make dinner reservations each day. We tipped everyone and really got jack in return. Sushi had way too much rice. Deserts were yuck! Top shelf liquor only given to us at the Grand side. Room was extremely humid and wet. They gave us a card each for pool towels. Once you trade that card in for towels you will not get it back and you must trade wet towels for dry towels and constantly carry a towel around with you. What a pain. We went on a horrible excursion to Isla Mujeras/snorkling with Aqua World!! Skip it. Sucked. Total waste of money but we did see a gorgeous nature reserve on Isla Mujeres calle El Garaffon. Try to get a trip there. Amazingly gorgeous and shore snorkling.
No activities other than what I listed so we did get a bit bored. We rented a Jet Ski for $50 half hour one day then went back to being bored.
Oh and watch out for the time-share pitch. They attack you on the first day so when they ask if it's your first day, say no! (Although after this review I hope you don't even spend your hard earned money at this resort.)
The spa had a bunch of hot tubs that didn't even have any water in them.
And the 888 number is never answered. We have been calling for 3 days to see if anyone found our lost camera and no answer. (After this review I can really kiss that camera goodbye)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "I'm all about the kid-stuff: endless entertainment, family-friendly accommodations, child-centric restaurants and a Kids Club that's cool as can be. But I've got that pampered, indulgent side, too, as a visit to my Kin Ha Spa shows - I always find plenty of fun stuff for parents to do while the kids are having fun. I'm like my sister resort, Oasis Palm - but a bit more upscale, with the extra amenities you're looking for. I'm Mexican and proud of it: my dancing, dining and decor reflect the culture of Cancun, with my delicioso Mexican food in the cantina and lots of activities for everyone". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Oasis Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort