“Great ending to a rough day”

Courtyard Cancun Airport
Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Atlanta
“Great ending to a rough day”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

To make a long story short. My wife and I missed out on our flight out of Cancun and had to find a place to stay one more night. Our checked bags made it out, but we did not. We saw the Marriot Courtyard van and took a chance to see if they had a room. The check in was quick and the hotel looked very nice. The rooms are very nice and had everything we needed. The staff were top shelf too. We put our things (2 small carry on bags) in the room and went to the restaurant for a drink or two after the stress of the day. It was a very nice area with indoor and outdoor seating. My wife ordered a bottle from the wine list recommended by our waiter and I opted for a beer. Both were served to us in 5 star fashion. Our waiter (Arcedio Canul) was a bright spot after a stressing day. After spending some time with him, we were relaxed and enjoyed our "extra night" in Mexico. I just wish our bags had not gone ahead of us, because we did not have our swimwear, and we did not get to use the pool and hot tub.
The staff here were able to turn a bad day into a great day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
milpitasca
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed here the first and last nights of my whale shark adventure in Mexico. The flight times necessitated that I stay close to the airport. The hotel provided a nice, clean, air-conditioned van for free to and from the airport. The hotel was decorated nicely in Mexican tiles and style.. Staff was courteous, quick and spoke wonderful English. The room was very spacious and well equipped with a refrigerator, coffee maker and good lighting. Bed was very comfortable but the pillows were huge and I had to remove the duvet filling (who needs that in Mexico!!!!). My biggest gripe was that I asked for a 5 AM wake up call but did not receive it until 5:15! That meant I scrambled to make coffee, close the suitcase, and dash out of the room for the 5:30AM shuttle in order to catch my DELAYED flight (unknown to me!).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
los angeles
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Had to stay overnight and catch a plane out of Cancun, so I stayed at the courtyard.

With the free shuttle to and from the airport, this hotel filled my needs.

Less than ten minutes from the airport. The shuttle was there when I got out of customs.

The grounds are nice but since I was there for one night, I didn't explore around the hotel.

The room was good, nice and clean. The bed was great. The folks at the front desk were helpful even if I really didn't need their help.

I ate at the restaurant which was good but a tad on the high side. I kind of expected that at the hotel.

All in all, a good place to stay if you want close to the airport and staying short time. The beaches are a little far so if you are expecting a resort, this is not it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Taunton
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I was so impressed with this hotel, especially considering how reasonable it was. Beautiful pool area, and dining room. I made use of the complimentary gym, and the lovely pool.
All staff were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank mylifemyrules
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Buffet was hilarious. I had one plate each with my wife, and they decided to charge us additional rate because.. get this. "We ate too much"
Wife and I are under 150 pounds and we couldnt understand this. However, you will learn that this place is the capital of Nickel and Diming.
You get 2 free water bottles in your room. They tell you additional are 5 bucks a pop. If you ask about the tap water, they tell you NOT to drink it. The beds are the worst I have ever slept on. Did they also tell you there is a federali training center behind the hotel?

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jhunter2005
Prescott Valley, AZ
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We loved everything about this property. Yes, it is a bit out of the way (not in the Hotel Zone) but that made for a quiet, peaceful location. Most of the staff were extremely accommodating. The hotel itself and the grounds were immaculate. The foliage around the pool area & near the loggia attracted beautiful tropical birds. The piped-in music was relaxing. The food was of good quality. Our only real complaint was that every day, for whatever reason, our room keys had to be replaced. That got old. Otherwise, highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Hotel clean, rooms comfortable, staff very helpful, location, close to the airport. They do have a free shuttle to the hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business