“Invasive Manager (Ernie)”

Porto Fino Bay View Grand
Ranked #51 of 145 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This location is across the street from Senior Frogs and a block away from a flea market and clubs. The condo is pretty nice and the view is pretty awesome.

The worst part of this trip for me was the manager Ernie. He was very invasive and has the power to come in anytime he wants with out you letting him. He came in when everybody was sleeping, to "fix" something. If you are traveling with any girls this should set off alarms. Also on our last day, check out was at 12 and we stepped out at 11 to grab some burritos next door (awesome burritos) and the wait took a bit longer than expected but when we go back at around 1130 Ernie was already there counting all the silverware, bowls, towel, etc. I felt like he made up missing items like 3 bowls were missing when accounted for all the bowls we used. We admit we lost 2 towels by the pool, because you take them up and down to the pool but no way we lost bowls. The towel we lost were embroidered with the tower number and the room number so I'm positive they still had them. Ernie would not let us leave until we paid $300 cash for the towels. We tired to argue that he could take it out of our deposit, but demanded we pay cash right then and there. So that's why I believe he just took our money and put the "missing" towels back.

This place is nice but not worth the hassle of dealing with Ernie.

Oh yeah, no internet and someone stole my Ray-Bans

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Daren A
There are newer reviews for Porto Fino Bay View Grand

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Just to say that we have stayed at various times in condos at Bay View Grand and Porto Fino. All of those we have stayed in are great! The beach is fantastic, the weather is wonderful most of the time (but you can only fault Mother Nature if it is not).
Yes, there might be some small things missing in the kitchen or in the bedroom, so what? It is much better than any all inclusive you would go to.
We were in Porto Fino the first two weeks of January and we are going to Bay View Grand for the first two weeks in March.
Those are the best condos in Cancun and thanks to all of those who rented their condos to us.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Myself and 7 friends stayed here for 9 days to celebrate my birthday. The condo was beautiful, just as pictured. It is right on the beach, across from Senor Frogs. The security staff were amazing, always happy to help. There is a wonderful infinity pool with drinks and food available, gym, massage service. You couldn't ask for more really. It's within 5 minute walk to nightclubs, restaurants and markets. I would recommend this place to families or large groups. We booked through Steve (CancunBeachResortCondo dot com) who was very accommodating, it's not easy to organize 8 people from different countries but Steve was great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kerm97
BVG_Steve, Manager at Porto Fino Bay View Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Guest Jaqueline

Thank you very much for staying with us at CancunBeachResortCondo in unit 301 Tower 5. We are delighted you enjoyed the unit and it was our pleasure to serve you and hope to see you again soon in Cancun.

We appreciate very much the nice review you have written and our goal is to provide the best units and 5 star service and we certainly hope we achieved this. We are committed to being attentive to all guests and being responsive and the service we provide does until we are comfortable you are 100% satisfied.

Thanks again for the review and making Porto Fino Bay View Grand the #1 rated condo in Cancun and CancunBeachResortCondo the #1 rated place to obtain a Porto Fino Bay View Grand or Bay View Grand Residential Cancun rental condo

Steve

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed here it is hands down the best condo and deal in cancun. I travel to cancun 3 to 4 times a year and nothing even comes close I have stayed at the ritz,the excellence,the royal,riu palace,cancun palace,sun palace,rented a few condos and villas and let me tell you dont waste your money on all inclusive me and my friends eat and drink alot and I mean alot and we saved big time paying as we went cause on days you just want to relax you dont spend anything and you dont feel like you have to stay at your hotel to eat and drink it allows you to explore cancun and the location is awsome for all ages as far as noise we didnt have a problem I slept with door open everynight which is lagoon side though you could here a.little no loud bass or screaming people as stated in past reviews dont worry this place is my favorite and will never need to hunt on tripadvisor again I have found my home in cancun.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Vinnyvalentine
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My family and I just returned from Cancun. This was our 3rd trip there. The first two times we stayed in all inclusive resorts (all 4 or 5 star). However, this time we opted to stay in a condo. This place is great for a number of reasons. Firstly, the complex is gorgeous, spacious units every everything you can ask for. For example, our unit had two bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen, dinning area, a large living room, and three balconies. Each bedroom had a flat screen tv (which we didn't use, but was nice to have), and the living room hosted a large plasma tv. The unit also had internet access. Two of the balconies overlooked the ocean and one the bay. The balcony off the master bedroom had also had a jacuzzi. Besides the facility itself, the location is also great. You can walk to a number of restaurants, shops, and night clubs. I would, without hesitation, recommend this place to even the most discriminating traveler.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Booked this condo for 1 week over New Years. I am currently staying here with my wife, 2 boys (13 and 10) and my wife's mom. The staff has been very accommodating. Miguel and Alex have been easy to get a hold of if we had any questions. This condo complex is directly across the street from Señor Frogs. I have read numerous reviews about loud music. We have not heard any loud music at all. I expect it to be a little loud and crazy on New Years Eve but that is to be expected. The beach is fantastic here. The sand is soft and there is plenty of room to play soccer or football if you have active kids like we do. The ocean has soft sand for quite a ways out if you want to boogie board or just enjoy the ocean. For us this is a big plus!
We just ate at the burrito stand just out the gate and to the right. It is fantastic. Very fair prices! I am sure we will eat there again before we head home. Went parasailing today. Be prepared for a short walk south to the jet ski area than a jet ski ride farther south to the boat. This all takes longer than one would think so plan on some extra time. My kids liked the extra long jet ski ride but some people may not. I will have more to share with you all soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 514ChrisH
BVG_Steve, Manager at Porto Fino Bay View Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear Guest Chris

Thank you very much for staying with us at CancunBeachResortCondo in unit 301 Tower 5. We are delighted you are enjoying the unit and it was our pleasure to serve you and hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. Alex and Miguel will appreciate the positive comments, I will let them know.

And yes the past few reviews where they mention noise from senor frogs were all false statements. You hit the nail on the head, there may be 2-3 days per year there is any noise from senor frogs, like new years day etc. The noise in the past which was over 2 years ago came from an after hours clubs, Nectar which is 4-5 blocks away but was located outside lagoon side and you only heard it when wind was blowing south. Anyway Nectar was shut down about 2 years ago and noise was never a big issue and is not an issue now.

Thanks for mentioning that because potential clients will read through 50 reviews and only pick out the 1-2 reviews that mention something not favorable and the potential clients dwell on that versus the 50 plus 5 star ratings. Porto Fino Bay View Grand is definitely the best condo complex in Cancun and we also have the #1 location.

If there is anything we can do to make your vacation even better, please send me an email

Steve

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Pros
Great pool and poolside restaurant. Had good service with very reasonable prices. The ceviche was the best I had on the trip and we ate it many times!

Good security. Felt very safe and secure the entire time. "Check in" was easy and helpful.

Very clean in common areas.

Great view.

Great location. Walk to party zone and good restaurants. Try Surfin'Burrito next door. Cheap and good. Great "drunk food'.

Cons
Strong mold smell in the building and in our condo. 1502. I realize this is a tropical area and I did smell mold in other places e.g. airport. I also am sensitive to the smell; however, I think a change of air conditioner filters might help? Our clothes and bags smelled of it when we got home. I would give an excellent rating except for this.

Bring ear plugs to sleep as Senor Frogs can get loud into the night/morning. This is Cancun, so just be ready for the noise.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beckyras