Porto Fino Bay View Grand
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
US$286
US$1,007
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Great property and location. Pool and bar on site fab! Staff service excellent. Sadly we didn't have hot water for three days and the owner a bit slow on the mark to get sorted. No broad band or Internet unless you go to the pool. Property had all the things you would expect. Blinds didn't work so sun beaming in very early! Enjoyed holiday absent maintenance issues.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank londonflashpackers
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Me and my family went to Porto Fino Condos in January 2012 for 2 weeks. We all loved it! I am 10 and I love travelling with my family. We stayed in tower 5 and it was beautiful! I was very pleased! Marble floors, jacuzzi on our deck, and a fantastic view! Me and my sister's bedroom had a flat screen TV on the wall and one bed for me and a pull out couch for her. The TV has most of the channels we have at home. We also had a great view of the city from our window. I didn't hear any music from Senior Frogs or any of the surrounding buildings. This one had a big kitchen for my Mom and Dad to cook in. We could even go buy our own food from the local grocery store instead of room service. It keeps us fit too! Downstairs there is an outdoor pool for everyone who is staying at Porto Fino to swim and have fun with their families. I had a lot of fun swimming and playing with my sister and my little cousins in the pool. There even is a hot tub too for the parents to chill out and take a break. There is also a little shallow pool for toddlers to get used to the water and learn how to swim. It helped one of my cousins learn how to swim and she could swim underwater in the deep part of the pool by the 14th day. There is even a restaurant/bar by the pool! I loved their pancakes (hot cakes) and their guacamole. Try the strawberry ice smoothie. It is the best drink on a hot day. For kids who are waiting for their meals there are two flat screen TV's at the restaurant/bar. The kids can choose the channels they want to watch and you can actually hear the shows. It also worked for my Dad, who is a big soccer fan and watched a game while waiting. I miss Rau, the guy who ran the bar. He was nice and he made us feel comfortable while eating. When going to Porto Fino, visit the water by the beach. Watch for the colour of the flags too. Red means dangerous, yellow means be careful and green means safe. It may be a little rough but it is still fun to splash and play. George the lifeguard and the security staff in the complex are great and really looked after us. For shell collectors, take a walk along the beach. There is a big sand wall full of interesting, colourful and special shells. I am a shell collector myself and I found so many awesome shells! Porto Fino is a great experience. It is WAY better than a resort or hotel. Trust me, go here! I'm going back as soon as I can!

Room Tip: Tower 5 is closer to the water and has a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank ARB2002
Reviewed 9 April 2012

8 of us rented from Steve@CancunBeachResortCondo, loved our unit, Tower 6 unit 1904, he
send us all kinds of information from transportation to dinning, made it much easier when we got there, the property mamagers were very professional, accomidating and very polite. We all loved that the ocean was so close, we all had a blast and will be back for sure!

Room Tip: A little loud with the all night music but staying on the main street that is to be expected.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank lisa m
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We just came back from a week in unit 1904, tower six of the Portofino. The higher up floors of this tower definitely have stunning views. We were one floor below the penthouse and heard music from the surrounding clubs most nights, even from the bedrooms that face the ocean. It’s not so much hearing it as it is feeling it due to the bass vibrations. We are early risers and some mornings the music was still going on at 7am. Beautiful condos are readily available in Cancun. For our tastes, this one was a little too close to the action.

I was a bit hesitant booking with Steven of cancunbeachresortcondo because of his negative responses to those who did not give the Portofino a good review on Tripadvisor. I’m thinking you should be listening to the feedback instead of getting your back up. We went ahead and booked anyways.

The paperwork we got prior to our arrival states that “If anyone inquires about your status please state you are guests of the owner and do not state you are renting the unit, as there is a small group of owners who frown about renters.” I won’t lie for anyone. Luckily nobody asked me my status.

In an email prior to booking I asked Steven if the water is purified and he said yes. It’s not. The fridge’s water/ice dispenser is disconnected because the water is not purified.

Unit 1904 does not have a dishwasher, as advertised. We would never have booked this unit knowing there was no dishwasher. There were nine of us; four adults and five teenagers! A dishwasher is a must. I was told that maids would be up twice a day to fix this problem. They rarely came once a day. When I brought this to Steven’s attention he said that twice a day was too much and most people (99 out of 100) eat out! We enjoy our vacation as we see fit. If we want to eat in our out, well that’s our choice. It was very disappointing and frustrating to not have the dishes cleaned and to be dismissed when we brought this to Steven’s attention. Steven’s paperwork says “I and my team of professionals are dedicated to ensure your vacation experience is nothing short of outstanding.” We found this to be totally false.

Stay in the Portofino if you want to be very close to the action, just don’t stay in unit 1904 or use cancunbeachresortcondo, as Steven is quick to take your rent (3,800 for our week) but was not helpful at all during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank fiveinthefamily
BVG_Steve, Manager at Porto Fino Bay View Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

#1 - The traveler was there the heart of spring break week. I happen to be there at same time in a unit several floors below. There was a few nights where the music was loud and going to the wee hours of the morning, but after a few days the music ceased and was not an issue. There is ordinances against the clubs who are outdoors playing music excessively loud and I was informed the police did get it under control and again the music ceased after a few days. Spring break week can be chaotic in Cancun especially when you are located 4-5 blocks from the night clubs.

#2 I did not know the owner removed the dishwasher from the unit last month because it was rarely used and starting to corrode. The unit now reflects this fact. The traveler did email me about the problem and we agreed to send the housekeeper there daily to wash the dishes. The traveler was not promised twice a day, the traveler rather dictated on her terms what she expected. The traveler demanded we send someone to the unit a few times a day and also expected a substantial refund and was behaving rather bizarre.

As this is not a hotel and we do not have cleaning woman working 24/7. We did our best to accommodate this traveler, but some people cannot ever be satisfied. the emails no less than 5 times per day give you an idea of the type we are dealing with.

Regarding the water, the water in Cancun is purified. This does not mean I would recommend drinking water from the tap or making ice for drinks with tap water. The water is perfectly safe, but most owners including myself choose to buy a pack of ultra purified ice from the convenience store right out front for 15 pesos vs chancing using tap water. For this reason most owners including myself do not hook up the refrigerator water and ice. All units also have 5 gallon water dispensers, and 2 5 gallon jugs are provided in unit and additional can be purchased for 30 pesos from the convenience store right out front.

In summary as one can see the overwhelmingly vast majority of guests love Portofino for its quality, views, location and more. Every once in a while you get someone who goes on vacation and lets a small thing stress them out the entire vacation. While I agree there were minor issues associated with this stay, this traveler dwelled on the minor issues and let it eat her up, as evident from the emails no less than 5 times a day. We did our best to accommodate her and make things right, and always do. Hey, enjoy the vacation, go the beach and get outside and relax. Don’t let small details eat you up.

There was someone staying in same unit who arrived a couple days later, I received one email from that guest telling me how they loved the condo and cannot wait to come back. I will ask the 8 ladies who stayed there this past week to post a review so everyone can see the contrast

Reviewed 2 March 2012

If you recently read the review slamming Ernie don't believe it. We have rented twice at Portofino and both times Ernie has been the property manager. In our experience he was nothing but professional and went out of his way to ensure our trips were trouble free. I find your review "invasive property manager" shocking considering our personal experience and your inference that if you travel with girls you should be worried slanderous.

The facilities are top notch, location top notch, ten times better than being stuck in a resort living in one room for your vacation.

If you lose or break things then man up and pay up, the property managers job is to ensure the property remains in top shape and items that were there when you arrived are in the same shape as when you leave.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family