Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

Book in advance
from
£119.20
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Google
Ways to Experience Cenote Ik kil
from £119.20
from £571.20
from £47.20
from £416.80
6,270 results
All reviews life jackets changing rooms deep water natural wonder tour buses buffet lunch lockers cenote chichen platform vest sinkhole lifejackets pesos roots mexico depth
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2019

Beautiful place. Taking a bath in this cenote is a really amazing experience and sensation. Loved it!

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank MarinaGverovic
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went as part of a tour booked with chichen itza so arrived here at a time where it was really busy.

However, it did not bother us as plenty of space to take photos and enjoy ourselves as we experienced our first cenote.

The cenote has a few platforms to jump into the water from in which you can then choose from how high you want to jump from. The place is amazing and they offer lifejacket for something like 1 dollar if you need them.

Really enjoyed my time here but would recommend arriving early as most people arrive around 12am.

1  Thank 873jordant
Reviewed 7 August 2019

Lovely atmosphere - busy but everyone encouraging the jumpers to jump! I would suggest renting the life jackets $2 as it is hard to hold onto the middle rope - you have to kind of stand on it! Otherwise you have to keep swimming. We had a 2hr stop - I had thought it would be too Long but after a buffet and ice cream it was time to go!

1  Thank 3Norms
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

I was mesmerized by the shear scale of if walking down some stairs then it opening up into what I saw. Swinging into the water was amazing and the water was so cool and refreshing would definitely recommend to others

2  Thank donna0191
Reviewed 3 August 2019

Ik Kil was included into the tour package, so I was there not at the best time, though not at the worst, either. There weren’t too many people at the time, though arrival of a very rowdy group of Russian tourists made it seem much more crowded. Being not a great swimmer, I first went to investigate and immediately realised that the place is definitely not for me, even with a life jacket. The edges are steep and high, the water is immediately deep and there are only very slippery and rickety wooden stairs looking to get in (if not jumping) or out. The swimming safety is entirely in the swimmers hands, as it is clearly stated in the information board, even though there are safeguards there.
So, I had a good look at it and went to investigate surroundings which were nice. The cenote itself is also very beautiful, even breathtaking. For swimming, however, I would choose another cenote.

Date of experience: July 2019