The Hacienda Chichen is a convenient hotel when visiting the Chichen Itza pyramids, you can get to the site's rear entrance quite easily on foot. Apparently it was originally built for the archaelogists from the Carnegie Institute and the bungalows are named after them. Although the cottages have apparently been refurbished, they are VERY basic, if comfortable; they are set in very pretty gardens and we had a little terrace with chairs. I would stay at the hotel again because of its situation and also because the restaurant food was excellent. We had fantastic meals there and sitting on the terrace in the evening was magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of 'home away from home' welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property's close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hacienda Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin