Pros - the grounds are fantastic - so lush and beautiful. The restaurant and service were impeccable. Their sopa de limon was fantastic. To be within walking distance of the pyramids was lovely. It was so nice to get to the pyramids early to beat the crowds and the heat. The hacienda is so peaceful without TV's and phones, just lovely. I would consider getting married at the hacienda as it's a little slice of heaven. Tip - there's another hotel/bar closer to the entrance to Chichen, where we had lunch at the bar after seeing the ruins. Casual and we recommend this. My only con was my experience at the spa. While I did a service and it was lovely, the pricing structure didn't translate. The service was a treat, however, you get the impression from the website there is more of a spa. Next time I would pass on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of 'home away from home' welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property's close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin