This is an elegant hotel within walking distance to the archaeological site. Compared to the hulking building of the Mayaland Resort, which is right next to the site's entrance, it has a more secluded and intimate ambience.
I personally found that the cottage, while certainly comfortable and well-appointed, did not quite justify the high rate - other hotel rooms on my trip for about half the price were comparable. It was rather the spacious and serene garden with its variety of exotic plants, large trees and birdlife which made the stay memorable for me. There is a lot to explore for botany friends. To use the Hacienda Chichen solely for an overnight stay and a visit to the archaelogical site would be missing out on something.
Overlooking one part of the garden is a patio, which is used as a restaurant serving very tasty meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of 'home away from home' welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property's close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin