Hotel Oka'an
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Dolores Alba Chichen(Chichen Itza)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Chichen(Chichen Itza)
Felix Inn(Piste)
Colonte(Valladolid)
Hotel Zaci(Valladolid)
View Hotel
All reviewsdirt roadpeace and quietnature loversextraordinary placechecking incar rentalremote locationtropical forestcost pesoslate at nightlimited menustandard roomshort drivemain buildinghotel restaurantgrounds are beautifulfollowing morning
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Beautiful grounds, wonderful location, amazing atmosphere. We stayed at Okaan for one night in December. The location was great for exploring Chichen Itza. The atmosphere was very refreshing and a wonderful place for a break between a trip from Cancun to Merida. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is very nice, in a beautiful secluded location, still very close to Chicen Itza. The rooms are bright, wide and very clean. There is no telephone or WiFi in the rooms. WiFi is available at the reception which is couple of minutes walking distance from the rooms.

My advice: the hotel is very good and as I said, very clean; you can chose it for a night or two.
BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE RESTAURANT. Even if you are starving, do not try this place. It is exceptionaly overpriced (30 $ for 2 cremes brûlée etc.), the food is not worth it and the people working there strive to take your money no matter what.

We had our breakfast "included" and it was bad (toasts were from yesterday, fruits were very old, butter was ridiculously small in quantity - the butter given for 3 people was enough for one toast). I have never complained before, I prefer just to not rate a hotel or a restaurant than give it a bad review. But I fill that this restaurant is somehow shady and I should say that.
Other than that, the restaurant as a place is cozy and nice. People working there is something else.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Right in the tropical forrest 10 minutes drive away from Chichen Itza. To wake up by rising sun and sounds of surrounding forrest was unforgettable. Beautiful multi-level pool only added to the general great impression. Standard room huge, two queen size beds, stylish shower room. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel is a scam. We paid for a junior suite through Hotels.com. When we arrived, the manager (Jose Bojorquez Cruz) first told us none were available, then said he had one. However, he put us in a standard room without telling us. When confronted, he apologized and said the room would be free and that he would contact Hotels.com to reverse the charge. He did not do so and neither the hotel nor Hotels.com has responded to my emails.

The New Year's Eve dinner was a joke: no live music as promised, a paper thin "rib eye" cooked to the texture of leather, hard, under-cooked potato; the meal was inedible. Breakfast the next day, included in the room rate, was worse then the dinner: (very) stale bread and five wafer thin slices of fruit. I kid you not. The waiter informed us that more food was available but we would have to pay extra. One staff member told us that the manager refused to spend money on decent quality food and that they were forced to serve four or five people with an amount of food normally served to one guest. He said that many of the other guests were upset from the previous night's dinner and the breakfast made them furious; there were numerous loud complaints. He also told us that one guest was forced to sleep in the spa because of the lack of rooms.

The hotel itself is very nice and the architect nestled it perfectly in the surrounding jungle; however, until the owner replaces the manager, it is a waste of money. There are several much better hotels in the same area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good if you get what you paid for. The problem is the management.
2  Thank Redhog98
Reviewed 7 January 2014

When we decided to visit Chichen Itza, we wanted to stay there, so we could start early and enjoy more. This was our best decision, a cab picked us up at 8.00am and we were in Chichen Itza at 9.00am, we really enjoyed it and when we were done, we saw the entrance line and it was horrifying, and it was 11.00am
This hotel is in the middle of the rainforest, and if you want to rest this is the place. I wouldn't recommend more than 2 nights, it has no TV, no phone or phone range and you'll have the pool (which I didn't use because in January is cold), and the restaurant, which is beautiful, but the food...
It's really unfortunate, because with a good restaurant this would be a paradise. I read a review which says it has no prices, well, now they have. The food is not so good, I saw a couple of Culinary Students in the kitchen, but they still need to learn. Their Continental Breakfast is a couple of pineapple, watermelon and honeydew slices, bread from the night before (literally) and a couple of butter pieces (yes, cut pieces). You can upgrade your breakfast for a reasonable difference, but we preferred to go outside and eat a typical lunch. At dinner, we had fish, which was really good, beef, which we had to return because I could swear it was made 2 days ago, a delicious guacamole, and ceviche, which was good. They had a really good service, apologized for the beef and gave me desserts as a compliment.
The rooms are beautiful, they have good insect control, but you have to remember you're in the middle of the rainforest. The disadvantage is that if you're being picked up at reception, you have to walk there to ask them to help you with the suitcases, or just bring the cab there.
My 5 and 7 year olds had a lot of fun, they never saw so many stars before, we played board games all afternoon and it was a bonding experience. It was a really nice adventure.
Oh!! Kudos to the gardener, it has such beautiful all the area!! And it's really difficult with all the rainforest around, just beautiful.

Room Tip: If you really want to be with your partner by yourself, choose a bungalow, I preferred the hotel, it's not big and you can't hear your neighbors. The bungalows are too secluded for me LOL.
1  Thank Alejandra F