This is a very big complex aimed at the mass tourist market. Coaches come in for the day, so even if there are not many people staying there it is still bustling. However, our room was comfortable and clean and the staff are very friendly, the ground are pretty, and most importantly it has its own entrance to Chichen itza. We bought our tickets when the ticket office opened at 8am, and were amazed to find that we were the only tourists in the ruins for over half an hour! The coaches arrive after 9am, so the early bird definitely catches the worm.
We didn't eat in any of the hotel restaurants, they seemed very touristy and not what we were looking for, but the town of Piste is only a 5 minute drive and there are restaurants there where you may not find yourself surrounded by solely Americans and Russians.
We would recommend this hotel on the basis of its location every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland