We stayed 2 nights to be close to the park, right at the second entrance and without the crowds, see my review of chitchen itza. The hotel, built in the 20s, has been well maintained, is spacious, and has a superb staff. We had room 101, view of the observatory which was worth more then the cost of the room. Ask for 101, 201, 301 and,I believe, 22 which will be larger and is right over the main entrance. The rooms are large, chairs could be a little more comfortable, but beds fine. Batheroom was large, tub shower, single sink, all yucatan marble, lighting could be a little better, but it was fine. We never used the AC, the fresh air is so wonderful with the sounds of the jungle. The grounds are amazing, lush, walking paths and electric carts if you need one. Several pools available. You will be awakened by the sounds of hundreds of birds, so do not plan on sleeping in, the birds go to sleep as the sun sets!
Ok, the restaurant, eat all your meals in the dining room or on the lovely terrace. The food is excellent, service excellent and the room is an experience. The buffet is for the tour buses, thank goodness it is on the otherside of the complex! To address another review, yes, the crowds from the buses are large and noisy, they start to arrive around 11 and are gone by 4, so come back from exploring, have a pina collada and take a nap before dinner.We will stay there again which has to be the best complement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland