We flew into Cancun and drove immediately to this hotel at Chichen Itza, arriving around dinner time. It is a charming hacienda style hotel with thatched roof bungalows that has its own private entrance to the park that opens at 8 a.m. This was perfect because we beat the crowds and the heat. We stayed in the main hotel, in a room with a balcony looking out on some of the ruins in the park. Our room was spacious and comfortable. It was also very pleasant to sit out on the verandah and to wander the grounds in the evening and the next morning. The only downside is that the food is only so-so. We got the buffet dinner which is served in a separate thatched-roof open air building. The setting was great, the food was only so-so. The same with breakfast in the main building which we ate sitting outdoors. Great setting, average food. Also, the hotel advertises that it can make change dollars 24 hours per day. However, they did not have any change either day. This was a problem because the park only accepts pesos, no credit cards or cash, which is what we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland