We stayed in a bungalow for one night expressly for the purpose of seeing Chichen Itza because our first choice, Hacienda Chichen Itza was full. We had Percival bungalow 2A. The site is attractively laid out over a wide area and seems to have the sole purpose of catering for overnight and day trip visitors to the Mayan site, as a result the hotel itself can be exceptionally busy during the day. The beauty of the place is that residents can gain immediate access on foot to the Mayan city before the crowds arrive from the coast. The room was pleasantly sited near a swimming pool but a few minutes walk from the restaurant. Some aspects of the room were a little tired especially the sanitary fittings, wobbly taps and a bath plug which did not work. There was also the occasional whiff of sewage outside . We did not fancy the buffet dinner so we ate at the much classier Hacienda, a short walk away. This hotel, which was our preferred original choice was much quieter, more dignified and generally classier option.
The staff at Mayaland were delightfully friendly at our decent breakfast and handled our luggage on departure swiftly and efficiently. Overall ok, the best feature being the quick early access to the Mayan city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland