We stayed for just one night as part of a tour of Yucatan. The hotel is a perfect location for Chichen Itza as it is on the same site. We had a bungalow lodge which was a short walk from reception. It was a good size for three people and was clean and looks very pretty with thatched roof and spacious veranda. The bungalows are in a lovely setting with lush green gardens and tropical trees. The birdsong is beautiful.
We arrived not long after midday and were offered two choices of restaurant for lunch. Taking a midday buffet lunch was a big mistake. It's an overcrowded pure tourist trap / coach tour stop off and the food was not good. It would have been much better to have eaten in the main restaurant which is very good. We had a very good meal in there at both dinner and breakfast the following morning.
There are three pools. The one we swam in was small and shaded and needed some maintenance to its tiling. The main pool near the reception looked really nice.
The only other issue we had was that the golf trolley that was promised to pick us up with our luggage from the bungalow to reception did not turn up and as our driver was waiting we walked in the heat with our cases. Just a minor disappointment / irritation in the scheme of things.
We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the bungalows.
CCW - UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland