We stayed here, as most people do, because it has it's own entrance to the ruins and you can beat the rush before the tour buses get there.
We had a bungalow in the grounds near a swimming pool. It was hot and humid and the pool was awesome. The hotel bit seems crowded but it was very quiet were we were and the pool wasn't crowded.
The room was big with a bed on a second floor as well. The bathroom was fine although the floor got wet when the shower was used. The room was wood paneled with AC and a fan.
The suprising bit was the food was good. They only had one restaurant open (lack of guests me thinks) which was the A la carte one. The buffet was shut. We expected the worst but were suprised by the quality of the Mexican food and the waiters were very good.
All in all a positive experience for the 2 nights we stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. SPA. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. we are less than a 2 hour drive from Cancun International Airport. Even less from the Merida Airport. We have special transportation pricing and arrangements. please contact us for details. We have a money back guarantee that our Resort, rooms, services and facilities are the very best in all of central Yucatan (Including Valladolid, Izamal and all other villages). Please Call us for more information on transportation, tours and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland