“LOVE! A MUST STOP!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The food here is delicious. The atmosphere is wonderful... The waitstaff is the greatest - they work together as a team. They are all smiles and professional! We stayed a week in February 2013 and went everyday to eat... So during our cruise we did not eat lunch before getting off to save room for La Choza... Consistently delicious food!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Charged my parents US$194 for 2 diet cokes and one lunch order of fajitas.... Will not return and I recommend you pay cash only if you want lunch in a back ally with no water view.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

La Choza was my first experience of local food in Cozumel when I stopped here with some crew friends off a cruise ship. Since then I've been to Cozumel many times including a 10 day stay and eaten at most all of the popular local places. Still, nothing comes close to the greatness of La Choza! Always my first and most anticipated stop when I get on the island.

Always fresh, always great, always friendly, flawlessly clean, great atmosphere! Great breakfast too, I have been eating here for years and didn't know they served breakfast until my most recent visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

When we visit Cozumel this is a must stop(usually at least 2 times each visit). The staff is so friendly and really make sure that you are taken care of. I love the shrimp chili relleno which is served with tons are fresh shrimp in a poblano pepper covered in a tasty red sauce. The lobster kebabs are great too! They make a wonderful margarita with a splash of orange juice. You are served fresh tortilla chips with their spicy dipping sauce when you sit down. The sauce is also available to purchase to take home with you.
We recommend this restaurant to all our friends who visit the island...it doesn't disappoint!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very enjoyable experience, the food is delicious, the service friendly and prompt and the home made salsa is to die for. Casual dining in a very nice atmosphere, free wi-fi available. We will be back