La Choza Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The food was excellent and fresh!! Honestly, we have been to several more highly rated restaurants, and this food was just so good and satisfying! Someone really knows how to cook!! Also, the owner and the wait staff took great care of us! They had a beautiful nativity display and Christmas tree--a very festive environment that I really enjoyed. The Negril mole chicken was AMAZING, as was the chocolate pie!! We WILL be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

ate there twice during a recent trip to Coz - flank steak was the most tender flank steak I've ever eaten - excellent restaurant - would definitely go there again!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The food here is delicious. The atmosphere is wonderful... The waitstaff is the greatest - they work together as a team. They are all smiles and professional! We stayed a week in February 2013 and went everyday to eat... So during our cruise we did not eat lunch before getting off to save room for La Choza... Consistently delicious food!

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Charged my parents US$194 for 2 diet cokes and one lunch order of fajitas.... Will not return and I recommend you pay cash only if you want lunch in a back ally with no water view.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

La Choza was my first experience of local food in Cozumel when I stopped here with some crew friends off a cruise ship. Since then I've been to Cozumel many times including a 10 day stay and eaten at most all of the popular local places. Still, nothing comes close to the greatness of La Choza! Always my first and most anticipated stop when I get on the island.

Always fresh, always great, always friendly, flawlessly clean, great atmosphere! Great breakfast too, I have been eating here for years and didn't know they served breakfast until my most recent visit.