“Excellent Cozumel diving experiences” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opal's Dream

Opal's Dream
More attraction details
Owner description: In Cozumel Mexico.Opal's Dream Dive Shop. We are still the same small personal shop with a old school feel. Only the name has changed. We use small, fast boats and have great prices! We've changed our location to downtown 95 Av. Between 4th & 6th north. Remember, it's Opals Dream Dive Shop. We offer a nice family feeling and add a lot of fun to your diving vacation!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Utah
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Excellent Cozumel diving experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

My 6th time to Cozumel and I always dive with these guys. Small fast boats, dive groups of 6 or less, great prices and professional entertaining Mayan dive guides keeps them my number one dive shop.

One highlight of this trip with my grandson was an afternoon of diving for spear fishing, crab and lobster and some lion fish with DM Julio, later DM Ramon cleaned our catch and the dive shop set up our group of divers with a sea food feast on our catch the next day at a restaurant by the dive shop. The best seafood feast I ever had.

My favorite dive now, so far, was my first and grand son's first night dive that we made on this trip. The night dive on Paradise reef in about 40 feet of water off a dive boat amazed us both - seeing the lights of divers from two other groups and lots of critters almost never seen during the day such as octopus.

We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and were picked up and dropped off at our hotel's dock. Nine dives in two days went by too fast. We sampled a lot of the best of Cozumel diving and had a lot of fun with these guys.

Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Dive shop and diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Just finished my 6th tank dive with Opal's, during our dives we had both Julio and Eddie as dive masters, both of them are very good dive masters. I really appreciated the fact that they only took a max of 6 divers per trip, so you really got very personalized service during your dive. Both Julio and Eddie always went out of their way to find lobsters, eels and any other interesting marine life. We have a lot of dive time and I really enjoyed diving with other divers that had as much dive time as me, many dive shops they want to put new divers with experienced divers and hope for the best, this does not always work well. Had a problem with my Zeagle BCD on the first dive, Victor the shop manager and Ismael corrected the problem and did not even charge me for fixing my BCD, all they cared about was that the BCD worked properly. Will dive with Opal's again on next trip for sure.

Manteca, California, United States
“Excellent Dive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I just returned home from two wonderful weeks of diving in Cozumel. I must say Opal's Dream dive shop was awesome. The dive masters Julio & Eddie were great, they took us out on some great diving. The boat captains are amazing as well, they get you to your dive site quickly and right where you want to be. I have dove with several dive shops and I must say the hospitality at Opal's dream was amazing. If your planning on diving with them on multiple dives you don't have to worry about your equipment. When you finish your dive let them know when your next dive is and they will have your equipment on the boat ready to go, all you got to do is show up. I can't close this without mentioning Victor, his customer service is great he was attentive to all our request and made our trip out there very enjoyable. I will definitely be back next year, so to all that read this you can't go wrong with Opal's Dream Dive shop. On a side note if you do go and your waiting out front of the shop getting ready to leave be sure to get a churro from the guy that comes by in the morning.... They are the bomb!!!

Louisville
“Great Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband, 14 year old son and I just returned from Cozumel. My husband booked an afternoon dive for the three of us with Opal's Dream not knowing anything about them other than they had no problem with my son and me being new divers (DH is an instructor trainer, so I knew we were in good hands regardless). What a find! We ended up doing 7 dives with Eduardo over three days. I cannot say enough about the great job he did to make my son's and my first diving experience perfect. Eduardo was very patient and helpful with buoyancy, clearing masks and pointing out sealife. And since I consistently ran low on air before everyone else, he let me buddy breathe so we could extend our dive time. My husband has been diving in Cozumel for 30 years and he said Eduardo is the best dive master he has ever dove with.The boats are small and fast and there were never more than 6 divers. AND - they assemble your gear for you! The shop is super easy to work with - you pay after your last dive.

Thank you Eduardo and Opal's Dream for making this trip so special!

Pleasant Hill
“Opal's Dream Dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We have been diving here for a couple of years now and the staff is great. They have fast boats so you can get where you want to go in a short time. Eddy and Hulio are the best dive masters and always watching out for you and trying to find everything they can to make your trip one you won't soon forget. The boat crews are great, thanks so much to Kung Fu Panda for making it so much fun on our trip. We have been going to Cozumel for 11 years and this is the best shop and we will be returning there as soon as we can. Victor set up a fishing trip for us that was great. Caught seven maui maui. Thanks to all of them and would definitely recommend this for all your diving and fishing wants and needs.
Mike & Deb Potter, Iowa