“Another great experience”
Review of Opal's Dream

Opal's Dream
More attraction details
Owner description: In Cozumel Mexico.Opal's Dream Dive Shop. We are still the same small personal shop with a old school feel. Only the name has changed. We use small, fast boats and have great prices! We've changed our location to downtown 95 Av. Between 4th & 6th north. Remember, it's Opals Dream Dive Shop. We offer a nice family feeling and add a lot of fun to your diving vacation!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Dove with Opal's again this February. As in the past a great time with great people. Vicky handled everything via email before, during and after our visit. Small fast boats with small groups are a big plus for Opal's. We never had more than 5 divers on the boat. When we return next year Opal's will again be our dive shop of choice.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We dive with Opal's Dream every time we go down to Cozumel, and we always have a fantastic experience. Everyone at the shop is very friendly and so much fun. The divemasters really know the waters and always point out many spectacular sights. They know exactly where to find all sorts of marine life and beautiful, healthy reef systems. Every time we go, we always see new things and it is like the first time all over again. No two trips are ever the same. The whole team at Opal's Dream are not only our divemasters, but they are also our friends. Mostly though, they are our family. We would not think of diving with anyone else while down in Cozumel.

Jeanne Jones & Larry Billinger
Westminster, CO, USA

Reviewed 8 February 2014

First let me say that this company has wonderful employees and the booking and diving knowledge of their staff was great. We recently used Opal's when we were in Cozumel on a cruise. 3 of us were certified divers and 3 took the learn to scuba class. The divers went on a wall dive and said it was spectacular...one of the best. I was a "learner" so didn't participate on that dive. The 3 of us learners were taken by boat to the beach where we donned our equipment and then learned how to breathe, clear our masks in 2 different ways, learned how to re-capture our line if it came out of our mouth (which was great because mine was accidentally knocked out of my mouth by a fellow learner and I was able to recover it without a problem), adjust our weights, etc. We practiced these drills one by one with our dive master until he was comfortable that we were comfortable. Then we went diving in shallow water to practice these skills. After a while, the boat returned, picked us up and we all went to another site to dive together. Here is where we had a problem. My husband's mouthpiece disconnected from the air line so he had to switch to his back up line. At another time, he also started leaking air from his tank connection (sorry for my terminology). Now I will say that my husband is a very experienced diver and the 2nd dive master (we had 2 dive masters...one for the experienced divers and one for the learners) was right there to assist him so all was ok. They also provided wetsuits for those of us that didn't bring them which were a little shabby, but that didn't matter, but equipment problems are another issue. The rest of us had no equipment issues. I would recommend them in a heartbeat if they get their equipment in order.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My 5th year as a diver and out of 145 dives about 6 trips and over 40 dives have been with this shop in Cozumel. Never boring to go out on the Cozumel reefs but I wanted to try something different this time. It's cold where I live in Utah and the diving is nothing great so I decided to get the PADI AOW materials and do the class for AOW with my local scuba shop, then Opal's Dream to finish the dives portion while in Cozumel. Perfect combination and it was fun to do the dives with DM Julio who I have dived with many times. Made for a fun and interesting dive trip and something different in Cozumel. Works well as a referral. A little more expensive than doing it all in one place but it was well worth it to get to do the dives portion at Cozumel. Just another idea and excuse to go have fun diving at Cozumel and Opal's Dream shop is a great choice for most of your dive plans.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We did 2 dives with Opal's dreams in Cozumel. I can say that the people of this shop are truly amazing, professional, experienced and knowledgeable.

The only downside of this shop is the equipment. the equipment seemed very worn off and we had some equipment problems during the dives as well

Before we started, my BCD would not deflate. The boat captain Hector was super friendly and was able to repair any equipment issue on the spot. On the first dive my husband regulator malfunctioned, he was breathing ok and all of a suddun, he started breathing water. He had to swith to his secondary for the whole dive. When we got back on the boat, they figured out that the blater inside was twisted and they fixed it but he still used the secondary because he wasn't sure if he could entirely trust the primary. As for my equipment mlafunction, i am not too sure what happened and I still don't understand what happened. towards the end of the dive, I was at about 1200psi and I could feel that I was breathing less and less air. I checked my air and it went from 1200 to 300psi. I started to get worried and started swimming toward the closest dive master to tell him I was low on air. By the time I reached him, I was out of air, not sure how that happened. Sergio shared air with me and was very calm and that really helped during the situation. After a minute, he looked and showed me that my gauge was showing 1200psi again..?? I don't understand what happened. I went back to my regulator and finished the dive. I stayed very close to my husband and the dive master for the rest of the dive and kept checking my air. They didn't understand what happened to me either but all in all, they were very professional and experienced divers.

I would dive again with opal's but I would bring my own equipment for sure. The people were amazing and we saw a lot of amazing things on both our dives (columbia and Cedrals Pass)

1  Thank Olivia E