“bring your Sharpie and leave your mark on the wall”
Review of El Foco

El Foco
Ranked #92 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Restaurant specialized in mexican food, with 35 years of experience and quality in everything we do, characterized for our excellent service and exquisite flavor. We have a lot of special dishes from delicious tacos and appetizers lie famous guacamole and azteca soup to fish and seafood and always caring about special need and tastes of each of our clients.
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Such great food and the margaritas are yum. Great for families as well as adults out on the town. Casual and inexpensive.

There are newer reviews for El Foco

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Sounds odd, but after a couple weeks in Mexico I need variety, and the "aligator" diner here reminded me (in a good way) of the cheese steaks I grew up with. Everything we tried was very good, and the new location (last month) is pleasant for this small family spot. My friends have been several times, and I know I will return.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The new location is great. The food is fantastic. Definitely a must when I'm on the island. I would recommend this to anyone looking to experience a true local meal workout the tourist trap feel.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I went to el foco when they were in their old location when it was a little difficult to find.

We found out about this "hole in the wall" through locals on the island.

We walked in and didn't really know what to expect. With graffiti and signatures covering every inch of the walls and being on a back street we were a bit sceptic.

After the tremendous service from the staff and the most amazing Mexican cuisine I have ever had, we went back every single night!!

This was definitely a highlight of our trip!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Martin,.......... Maria and Matteo from Canada just came home from a 3 week holiday in Cozumel and were disappointed to see you closed after heading to your old location for our favorite meal. We asked and everyone said you were going to re-open at some time. Your restaurant is our favorite. Remember Martin,..........you fixed Maria's broken sandal last March? You hung the Canadian flag for us. We will be back again and you will be definitely our first stop. Doesn't get any better. Food, price, and the best friendly service. Martin, hang a sign on your old location telling people to go two blocks south to your new location.

2  Thank Matthew P