“Good food but unremarkable. A place where you'd see locals”
Review of Costa Brava

Costa Brava
Ranked #148 of 445 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stopped by for lunch specifically on reviews from TripAdvisor and recommendations from family who visited in the past.

Thank God they have ceiling fans- I can't imagine visiting in the dead of summer. The food was served with a smile- even bigger smile once the Mgr found out some gringos speak spanish.

I got the chicken tacos - basically- bits of chicken filled tortilla- lettuce and guacamole on the side. Plate also came with refried beans. Price was about $9 - Also had the Lemonade which is more like a margarita w/o tequila. Again, food was good, service exceptional, But really- it was just "ok". Nothing bad to say- nothing great to say. I guess final answer- a safe bet. As a side note- their hot salsa for chips was HOT HOT HOT.

1  Thank Josh H

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We enjoyed breakfast here first, then returned that evening for dinner. We had a very large, tasty lobster dinner for what we considered to be an excellent price. Bring cash as credit cards are not accepted.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

If it hadn't been for a woman we met who was living in Cozumel part time, we would have never found this little gem. It is located on a side street off the beat and track, but the food is great and the friendliness of the staff is unbeatable. My husband had the white fish and I had the garlic shrimp and it was very good and generous portion. The waiter suggested we try the Costa Brava soup and we were so glad we took his recommendation. The bowl of soup was large enough to share. On your next visit to Cozumel, check out Costa Brava!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We've been traveling to Cozumel for many years and I bet I have walked by this restaurant 50 times over the years but never ate there until last year when we attempt to go to another nearby restaurant that was closed. We didn't know where else to go and were discussing our options when we walked by. One of our group didn't want to walk anymore so in we went. WHAT A MISTAKE we've been making for years. This food was excellent. All kinds of ways to fix and prepare fish. Last year and this year both, we asked the waiter (I believe he is the owner also) what he would recommend and ordered that. Every one of our group (about a dozen) had great things to say about it last year and it was first restaurant we ate dinner in when we returned this year. After dinner, owner brings around tequila slammers (optional). He used very good tasting tequila. I had to swish before swallowing to enjoy it better.

2  Thank ElPaso_TexasScubamom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place was great, we were walking to another restaurant and noticed Costa Brava and decided to go in the next night to give it a try. We did not make a mistake! Four of us went to dinner and the food was excellent. I had the mixed tacos, beef, pork and chicken, the others had shrimp fajitas, fish tacos and bean burritos. The price was outstanding taco de pollo was $7 US for three tacos. This is a must have, the staff was great, the price was better the food outstanding and the beers were nice and cold. We're going back for the local lobster. Dress code is not an issue, enjoy your time there.