“Good food...a little off the beaten path.”
Review of Costa Brava

Costa Brava
Ranked #147 of 441 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My friends, wife and I went here on the recommendation of a guy at the nearby mall (which is only one block away incidentally). The area is a little run down, or better yet neglected due to the cruise lines moving their pier further south. The attitudes of the people at the restaurant reflected were very accommodating, probably due to a decline in business. They were super friendly, and helpful. They also spoke good English and it was refreshing that they didn't try to con us on the exchange rates. The chips and salsa appetizers were good as were the entrée's. My friends ordered some sort of platter that had a varied selection including pork steak, enchiladas and numerous other items. I had the Chicken Fajitas, which weren't the best I've ever had, but still good. A bit of a disclaimer here: I am a creature of habit and don't stray too far from what I know, otherwise I would have tried some of the other dishes that looked amazing.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

My family of 5 went to lunch here and the food wasn't good. There wasn't anyone in the place which should have been a sign to leave. The prices weren't on the menu but we weren't worried about it. Afterwards I went to pay and the older lady said 87US dollars! I said what!! We had 3 small children and 2 adults. We drank water no alcohol. I had fish tacos, daughter had chicken fajitas, other had fries, son had chicken taco, wife had chicken quesadilla. How does that add up to 87$ US dollars??!! The lady had a smirk on her face that looked as if she knew she was ripping us off. Wow never again! Please do not go here!!! They did us dirty!

Thank J.r. B
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This is a family owned and run restaurant that is located one block off of Melgar. We had dinner and drinks. The menu is varied enough so that everyone should be able to find what they want. The family is very charming and the food is very good.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Had eggs rancheros and coffee here. Food was good though not the best. Spiced coffee was light but delicious.

We were given some pastries before our meals came and we were charged 30 pesos for them, all without ever being asked about them. We didn't like that so we never went back.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

My wife and I ate breakfast here twice and also popped by for lunch one day. Costa Brava is only half a block off Melgar but has none of the 'Tourist' feel. The atmosphere is quiet and laid back, the prices are very reasonable (particularly if you make it for the Breakfast Special). You'll get a small tray of sweet buns before your breakfast arrives or chips with pico de gallo at lunch. Their coffee has a cinnamon flavour, which may not be to everyone's taste but was OK by us. The service was great (the coffee kept coming...) and the food was tasty.