“Fun in the Sun”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Windsor, Connecticut
“Fun in the Sun”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived here from a cruise on 4/23/14 I took a taxi from the pier area $15 each way per taxi. I arrived early in the morning and we basically had the beach area to ourselves for a while. The changing are is very clean along with the bathrooms. They require a $10 minimum and they charge you $3 per beach chair. If you leave the beach area you have to pay your tab mine was $37.00 for 5 sodas a pizza and a alcoholic drink. If you want to use the other beach items you have to pay extra. Also the staff will keep asking you are you ready to order. Every time I picked up the menu they came. Service is quick and fast if the beach is not crowded. The pool area was fantastic along with the ground area. Lots of things to do with kids. Note they do not carry corona beer. The staff said that they purchase cheaper beer from outside of mexico?
Anyway the beach was great and my family had a great time.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank smarttraveler4fun

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for kids”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Love this place ,lots of shade, great looking gigantic pool, very clean. Sunday's the best day to go. Want to thank my friends the Pratt's (locals) for recommending this place.

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“Love it here!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Been here twice.Once with my young niece, and a second time with my sister. Easy access via taxi to & from your cruise ship. Bring water shoes if you think of it since a few areas to go into the ocean are a little rocky, and not all areas. My sister & I had a beach massage. My niece who was 12 at the time, and I had a blast on the big trampoline. We liked the kayaks. The big iceberg is too hard to climb..... The lunch menu and drink menu is reasonably priced and quite good. It has that Jimmy Buffet atmosphere. I used the laptops on the bar to get my emails. We also used the lockers to store our belongings so we could get changed when we returned to the ship.I live by the beach here in Jersey, so I know beach clubs, and Paradise Beach is excellent.

• Visited May 2013
California
“OK for an afternoon”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It had some fun structure on the ocean but they looked a little dangerous at times when people can jump on top of each other. The beach looks like sandy beach but the moment you go into the water, it is all rocks and unpleasant. Some of the "play" structures were challenging for my 12 years old to climb. Maybe they are ok for older kids.

The place is clean and people were nice.

Visited April 2014
“Away from the maddening crowds”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We got off the cruise ship and took a taxi from the pier to Paradise Beach first thing in the morning. It cost us about $14 one way for the taxi. When we arrived, we were some of the first on the beach. We paid $3.00 to use the chairs and then paid a minimum of $10.00 in food and drink. The beach was well kept but if you are into swimming I would not recommend this beach. Lots of rocks in the water except in a very narrow area in front of the inflatable toys. We basically had to walk about 100 yards from where we were sitting to use the water comfortably; otherwise you would have a difficult time standing in the water. If we did it again, we would lounge around the very nice pool area instead. Waiter service was very good and the drinks tasted great. I used the bathroom and it was clean and close by. One of the best parts was the free Wi-Fi. We had no problem using it. We were able to get caught up on our emails and send out pictures to all our friends back home.

Visited February 2014