“Right on 8200”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Residencias Reef Condos
Lakewood, Colorado
“Right on 8200”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is Laura, owner of condo 8200. Last week, I received a call from my renter that the bed was sagging in the middle. The metal frame underneath the mattress had cracked and the mattress had nothing to support it. I had it fixed that day and my renters commented on how comfortable the bed was after the fix. It’s an expensive, pillow-top mattress and sleeps great, now that the frame is no longer broken.

I’m also confused about the “stock” furniture comment. The hand-carved entertainment unit was purchased in a shop in town. I brought the overstuffed chair down from Colorado with me when I drove down four years ago. The stone coffee table was purchased in Cozumel, the sofa at a store in Cancun. So, no stock furniture here.

A gentle reminder to renters. Please let your owner or management company know if you have problems, we can’t fix things that we don’t know about. I give my renters my home phone number, the call is free from the condo, and tell them that if they need ANYTHING, to give me a call. I also tell them that the management office located on-site will help them with anything they need. I’m so very sorry that the previous renter didn’t take advantage of either of these options, he would have had a much nicer vacation if he had, and a much better night’s sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Laura33514

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 1 March 2012

What a wonderful relaxing gem! We have been coming to Cozumel for years and were ready to try condo life. Unit 6220 is so beautiful and comfortable! The maintanance and cleaning staff were very helpful and marketing/cooking for ourselves was very fun! We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2012

See dianeg review of January, 2012. Stayed here in early February, and all that Diane describes is right-on. May be crowded during spring break weeks, but otherwise it is indeed quiet and peaceful. It was a pleasure to have a wide open beach with unobstructed view of the water. No vendors, no crowds, and always a beach chair or pool side chair available. 8200 is a great neat place - clean, quiet, with great view, but like other condos, the "stock" furniture is just OK. The bed was the worst - uncomfortable with gravity in full force - rolling to the middle! Met many friendly people. The owner was very accommodating and was available by phone to answer any question. Looking for a place to relax? This is a great spot.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TS26_11
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The perfect location for quiet, relaxing time by the beach with our infant son. The property is beautiful and meticulously maintained. Without a rental car it requires some forward planning for meals and activities as it is not close to town. Never heard a peep from the all inclusive resort next door - very pleasant. Raul (the property manager) is first class - provided above and beyond service and help with planning transportation, food, activities, etc. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The beach is quiet, the swimming great, the snorkeling unimpressive however.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom in Building 2 unit 6220 (through VRBO). The condo was beautiful and very spacious. Both bedrooms had king beds and private baths. The kitchen had everything you could need. The view from the balcony, especially at sunset, was amazing. The grounds and pools are well maintained. The beach was nice but the water entry was a little rocky so you do need water shoes. The resort is very quiet and relaxing but it's a short walk to the beach club next door if you want more excitement. We ate twice at Oceans next door and thought the food was very good. It was a great base location for visiting the southern beaches. But as others have said, you do need a car if you plan on going into town. We did take a taxi one night so we could have a few drinks with dinner and not worry about driving and it was $15 each way for 4 people. The owner, as well as the on-site management, was great to deal with. Daily housekeeping did a great job. We had a wonderful stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lmccarth
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed at Residencias Reef Unit 5200. Here's the scoop!
Pros:
Great Condo Association in general. Grounds are really nice and pool is top notch. Awesome awesome view, closest to the beach and right by the pool. Very spacious! Master bedroom has private bath, wonderful view and veranda. Second room has King bed and privae bath also, but the veranda is loaded with trees, so no view there, but still nice room. Third bedroom is quite small but does have it's own shower. This would be great for a single person, but not a couple.
Huge wrap around deck with gorgeous views.
Washer and dryer works really well.
Cons: Furniture is TERRIBLE!!!! Not one comfortable piece of furniture in the place, what a shame!!!!!! Two plastic strap chaise lounge outside , only one was completely broken, why do they have it there is beyond me. Three of those super cheap plastic lawn chairs. Two small tables and 5 chairs. Stiff as a board with dirty cloth seats. So basically, great porch, but no place to sit and enjoy it with any comfort at all!!!!
Beds are extremely hard, which some may like. I can handle that, but the sheets on our bed were the thinnest crappiest sheets with heavy pilling. Worst I've seen in years!! Strangely enough, there were several sets of new sheets in the closet in the other room. I helped myself to a set. Much better. I also changed out the comforter since mine had two big sp-rm stains on the top right in the middle of the bed. GROSS!
The kitchen had no dishwasher and NO LIGHTS! Only a few little overhead can lights. Very hard to see to cook or wash dishes. I took a lamp from the bedroom and used it on the counter. It helped a it, but wasn't great.
Living Room had an old TV with Dish. We could only get 2 channels, just forget it! Good thing we had movies and computers. There is also no wifi.. seriously, in this day and age? Only a router you had to be hardwired to. Luckily we hooked onto the neighbors, but did get kicked off often. The two couches in the living room were filthy dirty. Luckily the extra sheets could be used as covers. Also, you sank down about two feet in them. Not comfortable at all! Cheap glass top tables that were wobbly and not a coaster in the house, so every time you put down a drink it made a ring.
I've rented many vacation homes and condos in the past years. It's a shame they are soooo chinsey with amenities here. I have stayed at other units on the property and this was by far the worst! Find a different unit!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank kirbytravels
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a spectacular time at this condo. We were in unit 8200 (through VRBO). Our unit was very well appointed, had all of the comforts of home. Ours was a corner unit, so two walls of floor to ceiling windows. WOW! One bedroom, large bathroom, big kitchen/living area. Bedroom is opposite side of condo from living area, so I could not hear TV when hubby got up early. Condo is almost 1000 sq. feet. VERY roomy!!!
Res Reef is 14 kilometers south of town, so renting a car is a must. Do not try to do cabs - not worth it.
Res Reef has a GREAT beach - the best on this side of Coz in my opinion. Bring aqua shoes as there are some rocks as you enter the water. Two stunning pools. We were here for X-mas/New Years, and still was very quiet and peaceful. All units are individually owned, so do homework to ensure your unit is appointed for you. Many owners do not rent, so units are simply empty when they are not here.
PROS:
Great beach, beautiful pools, very safe, very well appointed, all of the comforts of home, beautiful amenities, plenty of beach chairs (no need to reserve in the am), well manicured landscaping, attentive staff, and VERY VERY quiet. If you are into the loud, party scene....not for you.
CONS: Need a car
I would stay again in a heartbeat. The drive to town is VERY easy - we went to town every night to eat/drink.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dianeg