“The Real Deal”

Pescaderia San Carlos
Ranked #29 of 380 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A true hidden gem, with friendly owners, live music, and fresh fish. Excellent hosts, reasonable prices and delicious food.
Iowa
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We like to get out of the tourist zones when we travel. Without TA we'd have never found this spot! It is not an impossible walk from downtown but it was a hot day so we opted for a cab ride, about $5 each way. The restaurant is on the rustic side but very clean. everyone was extremely friendly. The service was prompt and food was fresh, cheap and well prepared. We had heard the ceviche was good but opted to split a bowl of the seafood soup instead. Luckily a small dish of ceviche came out in lieu of the more normal salsa, so we got the best of both worlds. The ceviche was great and the soup was out of this world, chock full of shrimp and nice chunks of fish. For our meals I had a spicy shrimp dish (8 large shrimp) and my wife had a very large fish fillet in garlic sauce. Both were delicious, and at 120 pesos (about $10) each, a bargain. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip and it is a sure bet if I return to Cozumel I will go back to Pescadaria San Carlos.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas City
“Best Service and awesome food!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our server here may be one of the best I have had....he was super sweet and attentive!! The ceviche lived up to all the reviews, the best I had!!! We all loved our lunch here, and I will be back for sure!! If your craving local cuisine ...go here!

• Visited May 2014
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Make sure to eat here”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned from Cozumel. If you are on the island, it is a must. It is kind of hard to find. It is on the right side of Jauras street just befor Casa mission restaurant block.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank 713Bruce
“Simple, fresh and delicious.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The term suggests to me that this place is "freshness" is the best ceviche on the island, if you want a whole fish, then you can choose! They offer generous portions, the treatment is pleasant, the place is clean. Applause!

London
“Best ceviche I've ever had!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I went to this place thanks to a local's recommendation and couldn't be happier. My ceviche plate had one spoon left when I realised I wanted to take a picture of it to send to my friend who was supposed to come with me to this trip. I think I will dream about this ceviche for months, if not years to come. I also had the fish filet and it was delicious too.

Highly recommended! The only problem was that it was a Sunday and they had 'local live music', ie, a guy singing with backing vocals. It was horrible and too loud but I guess it added to the local experience and it wouldn't put me away from their ceviche anyway!