“Great Family Scuba Experience”
Review of Cozumel Sports

Cozumel Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best Cozumel diving with Cozumel Sports offers personal attention for all your diving and snorkeling tours by boat to the best beach and reefs. Personal attention for open water divers, advanced open water divers, scuba diving groups, beginner divers, discover scuba diving lessons, resort courses, diving lessons, check out dives and scuba diving certifications, like rescue course and divemaster course Doesn't matter if you are in Cancun, Playa del Carmen Riviera Maya diving Cozumel is the best! In Cozumel Sports, we dive in small groups and size limited, assigning a Dive Instructor, Divemaster for every 4 divers for a maximum of 8 divers, being 4 an average, so we can give you great quality service, safety, fun and excellent value. We have private boats upon request, where you will be pampered with the dives sites you like. Safe and fun diving with our Instructors and Divemasters! When you dive with us, you are not just another dollar, you become a friend and we like to pamper our friends, paying attention to details and diving requests. After all you are the reason we are here!! Just try it!
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was the highlight of our 7 day cruise. I highly recommend this experience. Cozumel Sports customized two dives for our family and friends of 8. We had 4 teenagers with us and they LOVED IT! It was an easy taxi ride to the marina, short trip to the intro dive sites, and a fun and safe experience for all. When we return to Cozumel we will contact Cozumel Sports again to experience the warm and clear waters.
I made all my reservations with Eduardo via e-mail and everything promised was delivered!

All reviews
"great photos"
"these guys"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Cozumel Scuba Sports was a great experience. The dive master, Volrath was an excellent guide and very welcoming. My wife and I had been to Roatan and Belieze dives before diving in Cozumel Cozumel Sports. I value the Cozumel dive number 1 because the care will have had the computer diving Sport Cozumel. Highly recommended. The only negative was a mix up with the time and where to meet with guide and boat.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is the only dive shop to use. Eduardo and Manollo and the crew are most knowledgeable and intimate with Cozumel. They are very attentive and accommodating, and our family and friends were all very happy with our experiance. We have used this dive shop every single time and will never use another. Just great people...GREAT!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Prior to our arrival in Cozumel, Mexico (via Royal Caribbean) I did some mild research regarding first time scuba diving excursions. I contacted Eduardo through e-mail regarding options and pricing for a party of two; I promptly received a response including all necessary information. Ultimately, my decision to book an excursion through Cozumel Sports was made, mostly in part due to: positive feedback (TripAdvisor), reasonable prices (all inclusive), and prompt communication.

Upon arriving in Cozumel, we took a taxi to Caleta Marina, as instructed by Eduardo; the taxi ride was approximately 10 minutes from the port, costing $12.00 (USD). Arriving before Eduardo, we were greeted by several locals.

Eduardo arrived soon after, we were instructed to complete a health history and liability form and the remainder of our fee was collected ($30 PayPal deposit required upon booking). As we boarded the boat, Eduardo and his assistant prepared the boat for our excursion; we were each accommodated with bottled water and the option to utilize an underwater camera ($50). Prior to leaving the dock, Eduardo provided thorough verbal instruction of key points regarding our scuba diving excursion. With the help of Eduardo and his assistant, we were each suited with a wetsuit, mask, flippers, weights, oxygen tank, regulators, and appropriate gauges.

Eduardo’s assistant drove us to a nearby shore (approximately neck deep) where we were required to demonstrate comprehension of previously discussed key points. Key points included dealing with potential obstacles while underwater, including signals and elements of safety.

With some difficulty, but continual instruction and patience of Eduardo, I was able to complete the required tasks. We began our descent to approximately 30 ft, meanwhile taking occasional stops for necessary adjustments to scuba equipment. After approximately 45 minutes of scuba diving, we surfaced and were assisted back onto the boat. Resting for a short while, we were soon geared up again back in the water on our way to a depth of approximately 45 ft (for approximately another 45 minutes).

Eduardo was a fantastic guide, being sure to pay attention to our needs as first time divers; he provided us with important tips (such as frequently releasing ear pressure) and even brought our attention to interesting sea creatures.

Specific words to describe my underwater adventure are difficult to find; the beauty and serenity of it all were so peaceful. In retrospect, I certainly should have taken advantage of Eduardo’s underwater camera to share with family and friends.

In summation, I would HIGHLY recommend Eduardo for first time scuba divers; we plan to take many future excursions with Eduardo (and staff) at Cozumel Sports.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Cozumel on a cruise ship. We had limited time. Eduardo was great to work with via the internet and even better in person. I am certified but needed to find a Discover Scuba class for my travel buddy. Eduardo was fantastic with her. I appreciated the care he took with her to ensure her safety and comfort. He also took us to great sites that any certified diver would enjoy (via boat - many Discover Scuba classes were off the beach in very shallow water). We also asked Eduardo to photograph the dives and he took some great pics. Finally, his equipment was top notch, making a difference in the quality of the dives. Overall, a very memorable experience. I highly recommend Eduardo and his team.