We visited the Allegro 2 times this year. My Husband and I alone and then with a group of 26 family and friends. We had a great time both times. The staff was always pleasant and worked hard to make everyone happy. The food was very good for a 4* AI resort. We had the tastes of Mexico at every meal and snacked on chips and guacamole between meals. I must mention it as did many other reviewers, the beds are hard and need to be replaced. They hang a hammock on your porch and that may have been a better choice for a good nights sleep.
For a fun time away from the resort we walked up the beach to Mr.Sancho's for $12 the kids played on the inflatables in the ocean and for $40 us ladies took the cooking lessons. We had a blast cooking and mixing our own margaritas. Well worth the price the meal was great and we had enough to take back to the guys. The mango margaritas we tasty and we drank our fill.
I tried to plan a group snorkeling trip in advance and I was disappointed that the resort or the Nolitour rep were not very accommodating. We didn't even get to travel in the same boat.
The reason I would not visit this resort again would be the lack of entertainment at night. There is no lounge/piano bar or bands at night. I quite enjoy that during the supper hours at other resorts. We went to the shows and then to the disco but there was a need for more entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Barcelo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive