“I would be cheating if I stayed anywhere but the Allegro!”
Review of Allegro Cozumel

Allegro Cozumel
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stay at the Allegro for a lot of reasons but first and foremost the staff is the primary reason to go to Allegro. They understand giving the customer the Wow Experience. The daily and nightly activities are a definite highlight and you cannot find a nicer beach in Cozumel than the Allegro.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank nternetguy69
There are newer reviews for Allegro Cozumel

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We found this hotel and beach through google earth. We were looking for something low-key and beautiful, and found our paradise at the Allegro Cozumel. The staff is wonderful, especially Carolina at the front desk, Osman in the restaurant, and Raul the Manager. We have been here 3 consecutive summers so far, and are counting down the days until summer of 2014! We are bringing a group of friends from Los Angeles this time!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the entrance are best for the restaurants, and the rooms in the middle of the reso...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I have been to Cozumel before and this time we brought our grandson with us. He had a blast with all the kid friendly activities. We never got bored. He played in the pool and kids water park and loved the beach. The swimming area at the beach is roped off to make it safe. This is a family resort, so remember that when reading comments about not much to do for singles. I will admit that the beds are hard as a rock so do yourself a favor and ask for a foam pillow top for the bed on your first day. As far as the food, it was acceptable for a 3 star resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have been visiting Cozumel since 1988 before there was a hotel at this location. I truly believe this is by far the best beach of any hotel.
I also must say this is the best value hotel as well. My family does not come here for the beds or the food. We come here to relax and make new friends while enjoying the beautiful seascape.
We have made so many local friends and they are the most sincere and appreciative staff out of any place we have ever visited.
If you want a 5 star restaurant or 5 star rooms stay elsewhere But if you want a comfortable relaxing vacation with the best and most friendly staff give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank fatboy_1992
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent most of our holiday on the beach and on excursions. Yes, its dated. Its clean,and staff are polite, funny and friendly. They really made our stay worthwhile. The food is good. If you want excellent food spend the extra and go to a 5 star. Take a walk down the beach to Mr. Sanchos, its worth it. Its a restaurant and bar situated directly on the beach with a market.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are not as sound proof as the main floor rooms. The couple we went with found that o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stay here every year and love our little place in paradise. The beach and the staff are great. We go there to relax on the beach not to spend our time in the room. People have to understand that this is a tropical climate with people constantly in and out of the rooms with wet swimsuits etc, therefore the rooms are going to be more humid are not going have plush carpet etc. They have tile floors which are easier to maintain. As for the food, we always can find something to eat and again we are going to relax and get away from the stresses of work. If you want 5 star gourmet food then pay the price and stay at an upscale 5 star resort. The Allegro staff is always friendly to us and we look forward to going back again this year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jayhawk59
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Allegro Cozumel left my wife and I very disappointed, our stay was the at end of August, 2013. First, the beach front at this property is this resorts gem. Though they should considering going non smoking as you will find cigarette butts in the sand.
Now to the resort, my only duty as part of this vacation was to pick between Malia and Allegro. I and went with Allegro simply because of the beach, which I found out was a bad decision! I did read the reviews and thought that only when things go wrong do people write reviews (and told my wife that). And so went on to confirm Allegro as our place of stay. Boy was I wrong; everything I had read about this resort was true. Resort is outdated and is/was schedule to close for renovations the weekend after our check out; some said full renovation others said only to repair the palatal style roofs. Staff not to welcoming, the receptionist never once greeted us when we saw them (but a female in particular seem like she really didn’t like people nor her job), upon check out didn’t even ask how our stay was. Another thing when checking out, they give you a ticket to hand the bellman, and as I went pull our rental around I left my expecting wife with the luggage and the bellman didn’t bother to ask if he could help BUT he did ask for the ticket. Our room was small, which I could have dealt with if the bed mattress was comfortable. Most uncomfortable bed mattress I have ever slept in which made for no rest and long nights. In the US you get a much more comfy bed for half of Allegro’s day rate. Toilet yes had problems with it but called maintenance and did fix. Our first shower was with cold water. Food, what I can I say its buffet style don’t expect Iron Chief Quality meals, we mixed it up by going out of the resort to eat a couple of times. After hearing that the resort was scheduled to close that explained the service from the servers. They seem to just be there till they closed, once while getting lunch I had my hands full with mine, my wife’s plate and also attempting to get drinks and not one server asked if he could help. Got beach service once (had two beers brought to me). The bar even seem depilated, had one mixed drink and it didn’t leave me wishing for another, really watered down not even half quality liquor and only Corona (one of the down sides to all inclusive only one beer brand).
Note: If you're going to rent a car, check with the local rental firm (Alamo is convenient) on the going rate. We were talked into doing the Occidental timeshare presentation the Occidental Grand for a $50 couple that would bring down the cost of our rental to $50 US dollars if reserved though the resort, come to find the our rental’s going rate was $50.50 US dollars. So we paid $100+ dollars for a Jeep Patriot. Also we never got the second incentive for the timeshare presentation of a free week stay at the Grand, when I told the rep that signed us up (Oscar) he said we would pick it the next day, supposedly even called someone and never saw him again.
But at this point not sure if I ever want to stay at an Occidental property again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Christian B
SocialMedia_Ctor, Social Media Coordinator at Allegro Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Christian B,

Thank you for providing your feedback in respects to your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please apologize us for the lack of service that our staffing provided to you. We shared your comments with our Management and we are taking them very seriously and will reinforce the importance of top notch service.

Please note we started our renovation process on September it will take around 2 months. We hope that despite this experience, you present us an opportunity to show you the level of service you have come to know and expect of our property. We look forward to a return visit from you.