We spent 9 days in Allegro. I would choose this again over all the multitude of places we have stayed in Cozumel. I was a little worried reading past reviews but my complaints are very few.
I thought the food was quite good. I managed to gain 3 pounds in 9 days. It speaks for itself. The morning omelets are a masterpiece and the lady that makes them incredible . It is fun just watching her. The fish and chicken offered daily were always incredible. The waiters are a class of their own. They knew our likes and dislikes and even catered to my daughters American Girl doll. It appears they truly love their job and it shows. One of the most memorable experiences was when I shared we were celebrating our anniversary and asked only for a Red tablecloth that evening (they celebrate many things and many birthdays for guests).To my delight, I arrived to the most amazing romantic table for our family and the chef prepared for us a 5 course culinary delight at no cost. The service was unmatched anywhere I have been.
The beds are quite hard but they supply mattress toppers free of charge.
I think this is an incredible place for family's and family reunions. The family friendly opportunities the best I have seen on the island. We saw lion fish, eel, octopus and stingray just snorkeling off the beach. Although our kids are 11, we all had a riot in the kids pool. There are iguana and Crabs living under the rooms and watching them a delight for all. We dove with "Dive with Martin" everyday as I feel they are the best but there was a multitude of family friendly activities every evening. I have only two complaints. It feels like you are extremely isolated there as it is quite expensive to have contact outside the resort. Internet is $25/day and $84/week. The only transportation in and out (other than boat dives) is taxi and the cost is $16 just to the international pier (one way). If the hotel had bus service to the Airport and into town a few times/day it would really boost tourism in town and I suspect get them more clients. Reasonable rates for internet would also help. Car rental has become quite expensive as they now demand you purchase their insurance. I believe a small car ran about $500/week with insurance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive