“Wonderful place to stay~”
Review of Allegro Cozumel

Allegro Cozumel
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We spent 9 days in Allegro. I would choose this again over all the multitude of places we have stayed in Cozumel. I was a little worried reading past reviews but my complaints are very few.
I thought the food was quite good. I managed to gain 3 pounds in 9 days. It speaks for itself. The morning omelets are a masterpiece and the lady that makes them incredible . It is fun just watching her. The fish and chicken offered daily were always incredible. The waiters are a class of their own. They knew our likes and dislikes and even catered to my daughters American Girl doll. It appears they truly love their job and it shows. One of the most memorable experiences was when I shared we were celebrating our anniversary and asked only for a Red tablecloth that evening (they celebrate many things and many birthdays for guests).To my delight, I arrived to the most amazing romantic table for our family and the chef prepared for us a 5 course culinary delight at no cost. The service was unmatched anywhere I have been.
The beds are quite hard but they supply mattress toppers free of charge.
I think this is an incredible place for family's and family reunions. The family friendly opportunities the best I have seen on the island. We saw lion fish, eel, octopus and stingray just snorkeling off the beach. Although our kids are 11, we all had a riot in the kids pool. There are iguana and Crabs living under the rooms and watching them a delight for all. We dove with "Dive with Martin" everyday as I feel they are the best but there was a multitude of family friendly activities every evening. I have only two complaints. It feels like you are extremely isolated there as it is quite expensive to have contact outside the resort. Internet is $25/day and $84/week. The only transportation in and out (other than boat dives) is taxi and the cost is $16 just to the international pier (one way). If the hotel had bus service to the Airport and into town a few times/day it would really boost tourism in town and I suspect get them more clients. Reasonable rates for internet would also help. Car rental has become quite expensive as they now demand you purchase their insurance. I believe a small car ran about $500/week with insurance.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for Mattress toppers.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Nancy A
Write a ReviewReviews (4,710)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

they have a large complex with a gym, spa, restaurants, and many pools. the staff is truly five star. they are fun, and welcoming, and overall just awesome. the rooms are comfortable and the hammock outside is the best part. they have daily activities like beach volleyball and miniature golf which were coordinated by an awesome dude with a great personality. this is a family resort so if you don't like kids or have them, head over to their sister resort which is adults only.
the only problem i found were the sales staff who invite you to the sister hotel for a tour and really it's a sales pitch. they don't tell you that up front but offer you a beach bag, towel, and a bottle of tequila.
the beach and pools are clean and pristine. the food is diverse and tasty and the bartenders are always eager to please. they have many watersports too like scuba, snorkeling, and kayaking.
the highlight for me not only was the scenery, but the staff. they definitely make you feel welcome and are fun. i'm glad i chose this hotel ;)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stay at the Allegro for a lot of reasons but first and foremost the staff is the primary reason to go to Allegro. They understand giving the customer the Wow Experience. The daily and nightly activities are a definite highlight and you cannot find a nicer beach in Cozumel than the Allegro.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank nternetguy69
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We found this hotel and beach through google earth. We were looking for something low-key and beautiful, and found our paradise at the Allegro Cozumel. The staff is wonderful, especially Carolina at the front desk, Osman in the restaurant, and Raul the Manager. We have been here 3 consecutive summers so far, and are counting down the days until summer of 2014! We are bringing a group of friends from Los Angeles this time!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the entrance are best for the restaurants, and the rooms in the middle of the reso...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I have been to Cozumel before and this time we brought our grandson with us. He had a blast with all the kid friendly activities. We never got bored. He played in the pool and kids water park and loved the beach. The swimming area at the beach is roped off to make it safe. This is a family resort, so remember that when reading comments about not much to do for singles. I will admit that the beds are hard as a rock so do yourself a favor and ask for a foam pillow top for the bed on your first day. As far as the food, it was acceptable for a 3 star resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have been visiting Cozumel since 1988 before there was a hotel at this location. I truly believe this is by far the best beach of any hotel.
I also must say this is the best value hotel as well. My family does not come here for the beds or the food. We come here to relax and make new friends while enjoying the beautiful seascape.
We have made so many local friends and they are the most sincere and appreciative staff out of any place we have ever visited.
If you want a 5 star restaurant or 5 star rooms stay elsewhere But if you want a comfortable relaxing vacation with the best and most friendly staff give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank fatboy_1992
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent most of our holiday on the beach and on excursions. Yes, its dated. Its clean,and staff are polite, funny and friendly. They really made our stay worthwhile. The food is good. If you want excellent food spend the extra and go to a 5 star. Take a walk down the beach to Mr. Sanchos, its worth it. Its a restaurant and bar situated directly on the beach with a market.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are not as sound proof as the main floor rooms. The couple we went with found that o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends