If there were half points, I would give this resort a 2.5. It's not quite a 3 and a 2 would be too harsh. There were a two things that did impress me. The bellman delivered our bag very quickly to the room. And, when we were able to get our first room changed, a service man appeared very quickly to check out the toilet and hot water issues that we had reported. Our first room had some nasty stains on the bathroom sink and countertop and the toilet would not flush properly and the shower did not have hot water. When we asked for a new room, we were told the property was sold out and that they couldn't move us. When we didn't leave and kept insisting that a working toilet and hot water were non-negotiables, the front desk clerk finally conferred with someone else and discovered a new room for us.
The second room had working necessities and was cleaner and fresher than the first one.
The food at the buffets had a limited selections and tended to be the same every day. As a vegan, I did not starve but I did have the same food every day. On Thursday, we requested a reservation at the a la carte restaurants but were told they were booked until Saturday, so we accepted the 8:30 pm Saturday reservation at the Mexican restaurant. When we showed up, we were told that we had missed our Friday night reservation. Once again by being insistent, we were able to get seated but were left feeling annoyed.
The water sports people were excellent. We enjoyed ocean kayaking. The staff were helpful and eager and had some useful tips on the currents. They offered to give us free hobie cat sailing lessons or windsurfing lessons as well.
The beach was lovely. The pools were also very nice. We felt that the value for the money paid was fair. The problem was that everything was fair to average to just below average. Don't expect to be wow-ed, delighted or surprised. Keep your expectations low and they will be met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive