The resort is nice but has room for improvement. The all-inclusive rates are more affordable than most, the food was above average except the selection was below average. There's only one place to grab breakfast, one place to grab lunch, and one place for dinner except there's two other restaurants that we were allowed to visit once each. There's only one bar for everyone all the time, the others are only for some people some of the time.
The service is spotty. Half of them are nice, half are grossly incompetent. The First Club checkin was terrible, they have no idea how to use a computer and they charged our credit card twice which we didn't find out about until we returned and they are difficult to communicate with to get this resolved, I am still trying as I type this. When internet went down there, they were unapologetic and did nothing to compensate.
The beach was very nice, however, the Cozumel Port Authority is very overzealous when it comes to halting boats, they shut down all boat travel on the island for 3 days due to winds, which for one of the days it wasn't even windy. This was a major bummer for people who enjoy watersports, which is why many people visit Cozumel. The resort wouldn't even rent out snorkel equipment when the ports are shut down because they are so fearful of our litigious society.
The entertainment was, well, let's just say you shouldn't come for the entertainment.
The resort isn't huge which is nice that you don't have to walk a lot to get somewhere. People were friendly and there were plenty of beach & pool chairs available.
The room was good, the bed was very hard but everything was clean and well cared for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive