My wife and i plannned our last pre baby trip to the place that we took our first vacation together at. Cozumel!
7 years ago we stayed at the Grand, this time we were gonna try the sister resort next door.
Beach: great, calm no problem finding a chair. Water warm and clear most of the time. If you like to snorkel and have been to places with great shore snorkeling (turks, cayman, roatan) you will be disappointed. .no coral within swimming distance , just sand and some random grass patches, couple small fish here and thefe. You need to take a tour if u want to see the good stuff.
Rooms: basic, older with signs of wear but we enjoyed it. Maids did a great job. Please tip. They dont make much (no one does, at the resort)
Water smelled like rotten eggs though! Dont drink it, use botteled water.
Food: hehe its as others have said. Simple, repetitive and very 3 star. If your a foody , stay next door at the grand.
Staff: great, very nice and work hard.
Dive shop: great! Decided to do my open water course at the resort. Prodive staff were great, course was in depth and stressed safety and procesz. I enjoyed it. Thanks to alex for great instruction. Really enjoyed the experience. The reefs are amazing..puts any snorkel site to shame.
Glad I can now dive anywhere if I want!
s: we arnt pool people, but they did have 2 nice pools and 1 really nice kids area.
Excursion: rented a car for 2 days, toured the island.very safe driving snd enjoyable. Shopping in town is typical cruise ship stuff. Booze is cheaper at duty free st airport.
We took the ferry to playa del carmen for a morning(was supposed to be for a day but my fishing trip gor cancelled) nothing special in playa. Million more clone shops selling junk :)it did have some good authentic mexican food.
For the money its great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive