I will start this review by saying I have stayed at a lot of resorts/hotels/all-inclusives.
My girlfriend and planned this trip solely for the purpose of diving. We booked online and got a dive/stay/eat package at an affordable price. I read many reviews on here before going and I was expecting a very mediocre stay. The stay exceeded our expectations.
Food - The buffets and snack bar had decent food. It was kind of bland, but I think that is more hotels in Cozumel in general. I never went hungry, but also was amazed by the buffet food. The two "reservation" restaurants (Mexican and Oriental) were REALLY good. If you go, make sure you make reservations to these restaurants. You usually have to make them the day before or same day (we tried to make the reservations for the week when we checked in, but they told us we couldn't make the reservations until the day before the dinner).
Staff - Everyone at the resort was amazing. The staff was very friendly and funny. There were not a lot of people when we went (May 10-17), so we never really had to wait for food/drinks too long. I did notice that many of the same people were at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and serving at the bars. The staff work really hard, but I am guessing the resort as a whole is understaffed. This means it might take you a few minutes to get a drink (get over it and enjoy the beautiful weather!).
Entertainment - The shows were a bit different from what I have seen at other resorts. They entertainers did a good job, but the shows were not as elaborate/"showy" as what I have seen at resorts in Cancun and other places. Again, we did go in the off season. Also, the daytime party life was lacking, but it was more relaxing that way.
Rooms - The rooms were pretty standard, except that the mattresses were really firm (my only real complaint).
Check out my other review if you want information about Pro Dive Mexico (they are the dive shop onsite) - Awesome people/operation.
Short Version - If you a fussy/not well traveled/expect everyone at a resort to kiss your butt, don't stay here, you won't like it. If you are looking for a good vacation and can go with the flow, check out the Allegro, you will probably love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Barcelo, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive