US$415
US$206
  • Pool
US$242
US$236
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$133
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$454
5,078 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencefirst clubfishdive shopkids poolthe oriental restaurantgreat beachkids cluba la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard bedsfire show
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I just finished a great vacation in Cozumel - the Alegro is BETTER value than other places we have stayed. Impressive service - Liliana in the back office, Osman, Ana, Landy & Carlos at the restaurants... Just wonderful - honestly never a problem, always service with a smile - including all the other staff and front desk.

I was apprehensive - this was our first stay at the Alegro and I did read some negative reviews - mainly they were lies! We found our room to be pleasant, minibar well stocked truly a delight! One observation - there is hand soap, shampoo and body soap but no conditioner - bring some if you are in the pool or ocean a lot! We sat on our patio and enjoyed the breeze and sunset...
I have included a few pictures of the towel art the housekeeping did - a delight -she was great - room was clean fridge stocked etc!

The food was a bit repetitive but - enough variety I put on weight - lot's of veggies & salads - lean meats - fish - burgers. We also enjoyed the omelette station, yogurt and fresh fruit every morning - the papaya and pineapple was out of this world!

One concern was the all inclusive crazy people swimming in booze! Thankfully the Alegro is family oriented and there were no loud, rowdy parties that disrupted my vacation other times. There were bars, drinks but mainly just adults enjoying themselves in a very reasonable way. The barmen did a great job making most anything under the sun and when told (somewhat defiantly) my wife wants something fruity with no alcohol but not too sweet nor too sour - frozen too! He just smiled and made a wonderful frozen banana coconut pineapple concoction that was just the ticket!
All told there may have been a few shortcomings but for what we paid - we will be back - the snorkeling on Palancar is world class!

1  Thank WASAWYER
Liliana S, Reputation Manager at Allegro Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear WASAWYER,

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Allegro Cozumel, as well as the service of our employees and their mixing drinks and towel art talents! We sincerely hope to be able to host you again in the near future for yet another pleasant stay of snorkeling and relaxation for you and your wife.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

March 2014 was again another fabulous vacation to the Allegro. The grounds are immaculately kept, the food is plentiful & tasty, the proximity to the ocean & the pools is perfect. The major reason we continue to return to the Allegro is the staff. This includes housekeeping (same outstanding housekeeper, Veri, for several yrs), the restaurant staff (Raul is great), the bellman (Antonio is excellent), Vacation Club (Karina is wonderful)....but most importantly is the Activity Staff. Raul, Sonya & the others make our time there full of fun. They call us by name, chat with us & include us in activities. They are friendly, helpful with info we need & courteous all the time. It is sad to see when a member of the staff leaves because they are why many of us return...we feel like we are visiting friends. Thank you to all of you who make our vacations memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShaNayNay

Dear ShaNayNay,

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Allegro Cozumel. We sincerely hope to be able to host you again in the near future for yet another pleasant stay, we're glad to know you enjoy the service and friendliness of our staff, we'll let them all know you kindly mentioned them in your review.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have travelled quite extensively in Mexico, about 3 times a year. I stayed at occidental in PV last time, show was looking forward to stay at Allegro as its run by occidental aswell. However, this time is the only time i felt i wouldn't be returning to the hotel.

Food was quite a disappointment. It was pretty much the same almost everyday. From breakfast to lunch.
Breakfast : no bacon/sausages. I haven't been to any resort that didn't server bacon/sausages in morning. Coffee felt watered down. All juices were sugar based. Only thing i did enjoy was fresh fruit.

Lunch: i felt that i was eating almost the same thing everyday. only once i did enjoy fried squid that they had for lunch.

Dinner was pretty much same aswell, only the a la carte Mexican rest. was worth trying.

Rooms were pretty basic, but as somebody mentioned earlier u can hear everything * that is going on in the other room. we did get odd lizard in the room, but it didn't matter. (you are going to a tropical country)

drinks were good. however u have to tell them.. *less sugar & double. otherwise its all the same.

Pools had cracks in them/paint/cement chipping off.

entertainment was ok. nothing out of the ordinary.

ALot of mosquitoes!!!! having visited mexico numerous times, this was the worst ever mosquito infestation i have ever seen.

All in all, i dont think ill return to Allegro.

1  Thank ronnie b

Dear ronnie b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your feedback and you can be certain we will take your comments into consideration in order to maintain our quality standards. We're sorry not to have met your expectations.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I spent 5 nights at Occidental Allegro Resort on Cozumel. The service there was excellent - the staff from reception, the restaurants, housekeeping, and bars were all very friendly and professional. Even the food, which I had low expectations with it being an all-inclusive resort, was very good.

My only complaint is the timeshare counter outside the lobby - as soon as you get in you're asked to sit down there and then every time you pass by they try and get your attention, which is often since breakfast and dinner buffets are close by. I know to ignore them, but my wife was bothered by it, as I am sure many others are, too.

Other than that, I'm spoiled for mojitos - Carlos at the Beach Bar makes the best mojitos I've ever had, or likely will if I could ever get the courage to order one here. By the way, Carlos was the most exceptional staff member we encountered, and without him the trip wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was.

5  Thank Miles S

Dear Miles S,

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Allegro Cozumel. We sincerely hope to be able to host you again in the near future for yet another pleasant stay, we'll let Carlos know you kindly mentioned him in your review and raved about his mojitos!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are looking for a place in Cozumel to go dive, try the Ultimate Dive Experience. Starting with the special check in and ending with the farewell hug, the Ultimate Dive Experience is amazing. Carla who is in charge of the program is also a dive instructor so she knows what divers are looking for and she has made one of the best dive programs I´ve ever witnessed.

When you arrive you are taken to a special reception area, so no lines at all. They have free computers with internet connections there, so you don´t have to pay for the internet like the rest of the guess. Derli is the concierge in the reception area and she was helpful with any request I made including reservations, recommendations on where to eat and where to go around the island. She personally walked me to my room where my luggage was already waiting.

Carla has also set up a separate lounge, Santa Rosa, which serves snacks, small meals, and drinks exclusively to the Ultimate Dive Experience guess. She hosted a meet and greet there and served the best food I had at the resort. The lounge has a nice seating area inside and out with it´s own wait staff to cater to your needs.

The dive shop is on the beach right inside the resort, with it´s own dock, so from your room to the boat is a few minute walk. The dive shop has a storage room to store your gear, or you can take it to your room where they installed special racks for drying dive gear. Mellissa and Jessica that work the front desk at the dive shop, quickly got me signed in, planned my diving for the week, and had me on a dive boat and in the water in a few short minutes. They suggested different dive sites and worked hard to keep the diver experience level the groups about the same, so no inexperienced divers holding more experienced divers from going deep and vice versa. The Dive masters, too many to name but I would consider them all new friends, are some of the most professional I´ve dove with. They kept their briefings short, gave a few tips for the dive site and then found more fish and things than possible to look at.

As for the Diving, well it´s Cozumel, the diving is amazing. With some of the most famous dive sites in the world literally right in front of the resort, boat rides are very quick. We would get on the boat and start gearing up to dive Santa Rosa Wall and Reef, by the time we gear up it was time to jump in the water. A few minutes more to the other sites but all close.

My only complaint might be the food in the main part of the resort. It was not bad but not great either. The bars, lounges and everything else where great. The rooms where amazing clean and well equipped with new TV´s, nice bed, and even a hammock outside of each room. The refrigerator was stocked with soda, beer and lots of bottled water.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Cpharris21

Dear Cpharris21,

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Allegro Cozumel. We love hearing you enjoyed our Ultimate Dive Experience (UDE) so much! It was indeed carefully crafted to make our diver guests' stay most special and pleasant. We sincerely hope to be able to host you again in the near future for yet another pleasant stay and more UDE!
We'll make sure to let Derli and Carla you kindly mentioned them in your review.