We just spent five days at this hotel and would like to share our experience during our stay.
We are a family of four, two adults and two children ( 11 and 7 years old). We selected this hotel not for the price, but rather for the beautiful beach and the setting this property has. My wife and I had spent a vacation here before we had our kids and remembered it as a quite nice place to stay. Well, this perception has changed somewhat as the quality of the hotel has declined, the rooms have come to the point where a renovation of bedrooms as well as bathrooms is overdue, nothing against a rustic setting with palapa roofs and simple furnishings, but here you will find an obvious lack of attention to maintenance and investment and the maid service can only do that much to compensate. This is a lack of attention and carelessness by management.
We had requested two rooms which are connected by an inside door, a very helpful feature when traveling with the kids. This request was accommodated with a lot of effort, but no complain here. Right after check in we were engaged by hotel personnel in a " welcome" presentation that in the end was nothing else than a sales pitch for some local businesses where the hotel personnel would get a sign up bonus for each guest he or she can get to sign up for boat snorket trip, but without mentioning you have to sit through a sales breakfast the next morning before the snorkel tour. Anyway, total waste of time and sure not helping the hotel to get better ratings.
Our advise: do not get pressured to sign up for anything on the spot. just take your time and book when you are ready.
On the same note: the next day we did book a snorkel tour with the local Expedia representative that is located in the lobby, paid our trip, only to find out he had miscommunicated the number of people for the tour, so we could not board. Nothing was done about it, no altenative was offered and a week later, we are still waiting to get the paid amount refunded to the card account. Again, total lack of guest attention.
The service attitute of the hotel personnel is average, at best, reception desk staff is inattentive and seem to be unmotivated to deal with guest related matters.
The food and beverage quality is acceptable, exept for the lunch, service is average.
All in all, the value of the place is the beach and property setting and by far not the attention to service and guest satisfaction, here is room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive