My recent stay at the Holiday Village White Sands left me feeling pretty relaxed and definitley not ready to go back home to the cold.
The resort was in a great area, not to far out of the main town but far enough that the beaches were beauitful and there was green 'jungle' like areas all around. The water was very blue with lots of little reefs around. If you like snorkeling you can do it right off the beach and the equipment is free to rent for a few hours. Watch out for the Jelly fish though, the people I talked to said they weren't that bad but I got a pretty big sting. The staff were very helpful though in finding me vinigar to help relieve the pain. The rooms were fairly nice however seemed smaller in person than in the photos. The walls were also pretty thin so dont be surprised if you hear the people next door. The staff were all very friendly. The wait staff were usually quick and friendly, as well as the bartending staff. The bartenders were also good at making up drinks when we ran out of ideas...after a few days you need someone elses idea for drinks!
The day entertainment staff (in2action) were great and would have a game of Volleyball going at least once a day. They also had a few fun things to do during the day like drink mixing and salsa lessons.
The evening entertianment was usually pretty good. Scott Jackson was amazing. He has a great voice and sene of humor, though sadly he will only be there about another week, along with pretty much the rest of the entertianment team. Hopefully the new team coming in will be just as good. Carlos was also great and he should still be there. He taught salsa lessons by the pool as well as during the evening entertianment.
The customer service rep Simon was very helpful. If you are looking into doing some of the tours or just going on your own Simon will be able to help set it up and give you some awesome suggestions of places to go on the island. Look for him if you want to tour around as he will be very helpful and is always friendly.
As for the rest of the hotel, the food was normally pretty good. The dinner buffet changed every night which was nice, though breakfast and lunch pretty much stayed the same so at times you had to get creative with the choices as it could get old fast. The grounds of the hotel were kept fairly well and the pools usually clean. The kids pool would be great if you had a family, though it does have a slightly annoying alarm that goes off every 15 minutes or so before the water bucket dumps all its water.
If you are looking into night time entertianment the hotel usually quiets down after 11 so you'll have to go into town. Its only about 15 minutes away by cab. Senior Frogs and Carlos and Charles seem to be the popular places to go.
The hotel is very family orientated so if you are traveling with your kids or in a larger family group I would say the Allegro is a great place to go but if you are singles or honeymooners you might want to try more of an adults only resort. Look through Signature as they run the Allegro and you could probably find an adults only resort through them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Barcelo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive