Allegro Cozumel
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$205
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$456
4,998 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencefirst clubfishdive shopkids poolthe oriental restaurantgreat beachkids cluba la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard bedsfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Being a parent to three boys aged 9, 12 and 13 we loved the hotel!
We arrived and where greeted by superdooperspyderwondapantsman, otherwise known as Jasen, He is the hotel's own personal clown and you will have to see all his other costumes and people to understand how entertaining he is.
The food; not a big selection, but what they have to offer is nice and it varies day to day.. always have soup and a kids section so everyone was happy. Omlettes in the morning made by a guy called Jesus are delicious, its worth the five min wait because of the line.
The pools are nice.. although the wind was strong while we where there and it had blown some grass and parts of tree into the water.. but this was removed every few hours.. the pirate pool is great fun for everyone, the whole family enjoed it.
our reps where good, we won a trip to see the dolphins for our last day and they where good to sort it out on the morning that we went to them for all five of us.
The wavelength club was excellent. I took my boys to sign up on the first day and they even got a free shirt and cell phone cover. We signed up for the easter party too, which they are still talking about now that we're home. I have to say Matt and Katie where excellent with the boys all week, they did not want to leave the club and went to most of the activities which included things like beach olympics, raft building, kayaking and generally fun games for teenagers.
The entertainment at night was very enjoyable with the kids time and game shows, definatly see the mayan show too.. its a sight to behold..
so all in all a brilliant holiday. I will be returning next year, my kids loved it, my mother, my huspand and I thourouighly enjoyed our time to relax and I recomend to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jumpuphighe
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I never believed my room would be SO BIG! Usually when they say there's a living area, it's a couch on one side of the room, but this was great. A full bedroom with Flat Screen TV, and a full living room, with a counter area for the coffee and fridge.
There was even a little hallway that ran from the bathroom to the Jacuzzi, so you didn't track water all over the place (Because the Jacuzzi is in the living room)
Ended up not using the Jacuzzi much, but I'm glad I took the Jacuzzi Suite because it was the best spot on the resort!. One step out the door and I was right at the Adult pool, which usually had no one in it, sometimes a few sunbathers.
Getting a chair was never an issue, not at the pool or the beach.
The wait staff always made sure I had a drink in hand (if I wanted one...) and the Mojito was the the drink of choice!!! I never could tell how much rum was in there until after I'd finished it, and felt the effects!!!
Some new CDs for the restaurant would be nice. I only ate there for breakfast (the one on the beach) but since my house was right beside it, you could constantly hear the 80's sappy love songs, over and over. Every time I hear "total Eclipse of the Heart" now, it reminds me of Cozumel.
I wouldn't say this resort is the place to "Party Hard", it's really quiets down at night.
Quite often, we were the only ones out after midnight! FOr that reason I loved it, since it was so peaceful, and I could actually RELAX.
Even though this is a family spot, with LOTS of kids, you'd never know it if you stayed at the Royal Suites. It's a Resort within the Resort in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank canadaflyer
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We recently returned from yet another great vacation at Allegro (Holiday Village White Sands). We've booked this same resort for 14 years, and after reading all other posts I can clarify the good and bad points.
1. Allegro has the most beautiful beach on the island. It is clear, clean and the most beautiful blue you'll ever see.
2. New to the resort this year is the British staff. As others commented, we vacation in the Yucatan to see and experience all Mexico has to offer, the food, music and friendly Mexicans. The Brits are trying hard and they deserve credit, however, they are out of place and not appreciated by many. Personally, I'd love to see the Mexican staff as it was in previous years.
3. The food is just fine. We stayed at this resort for two weeks and never experienced any problems. Sure, the menu can get a bit repetitive after two weeks, so we went to town a couple times for a special lobster dinner for a change of pace. The specialty restaurants are an added bonus. We tried both the Oriental and Mexican and liked them both. In 14 years I have never been sick from the food or water at this resort. Actually, this year I did get sick, but only on a healthy snack I purchased at Mega in town. It was a peanut brittle type bar with nuts that looked like bird seed (perhaps it was)!
4. The entertainment in past years was the best! During our two week stay, we only attended two evening stage shows and left both early. Again, British staff appears to be out of place here. Allegro would do well by re-hiring the previous entertainment staff.
5. All staff including the front desk, waiters, bartenders and maids were excellent. We never had a problem and we look forward to seeing them every year. Freddy makes the best mango margaritas on the planet!
6. We've had both upper and lower level rooms the last 14 years. They have all been clean and well maintained. The lower level rooms are definitely more quiet than the upper level rooms.
7. Allegro fogs the entire area for insects at least once a week. If you are on the beach, by the hot tub or walking around at dusk, you will get mosquito bites. Otherwise, insects are not an issue.
8. We did notice more attention to children and less to adult activities this visit. In prior years, there were adult games throughout the day (volleyball, water polo) etc. There were basically no adult activities. We provided input on the comment cards and are hoping this gets addressed soon.
9. We were disappointed to find a section of the beach we've always had access to had been roped off for Royal Club Guests with a specific wrist band color. We made sure management was aware of the issue and we also indicated our thoughts on the comment card as we checked out.
10. The new pirate ship/water slide added for kids is awesome! Even the adults can have fun here! The horn is not loud unless you are directly in front of or under it.
Yes, Allegro has changed a bit. They've survived a few hurricanes, rebuilt and made improvements and changes that will never satisfy everyone. For us and friends we continue to see at Allegro each year, it's still the best vacation spot we've found.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AD8501
Reviewed 6 April 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in the Royal Suites portion of the hotel. The staff went out of their way to ensure our happiness. For example: The staff opened the breakfast kitchen on the Royal Suites side an hour early for us on our fishing day so that we didn't have to go out on the ocean for 4 hours on an empty stomach. As far as all inclusive buffets go this hotels was very good. There are 3 a la carte restaurants. The Oriental and the Mediterranean were excellent. We did not try the Mexican as my husband only brought shorts so we were not allowed in there. There are 4 pools, 3 jacuzzi's( unheated), and bars dotted all over the resort. The entertainment staff always had something on the go. Even if you didn't want to participate it was quite entertaining just watching. One very important suggestion: If you like to have snacks such as potato chips or cheezies, BRING YOUR OWN! We went to the hotel store to purchase some cheezies and the price was $14.83 US! Pringles were $6.00 US. We recommend this hotel and we would return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K8tieM
Reviewed 4 April 2009

This place is exactly what it claims to be
Good food-family oriented-great facilities
For couples it has an adults only area
Amazingly quiet except for overly loud entertaiment
However this shuts down about 10pm so not a huge issue