Just returned back from the Holiday Village White sands and here is my review.
the Hotel itself was nice with a great beach, we booked a standard room as on every other occasion this has been fine for us, not here, standard rooms are tiny and not suitable for 2 adults and 2 children.
The grounds were kept nicely and the lizards and wildlife were nice to look at, the pools were ok but be warned, blonde hairs turns Green! yes Green, any white on bathing costumes turns yellow, we were told this was down to all the suncreams coming off in the water, in my 20 years of travelling this is a first for me and it must be down to the pool chemicals, that said the pool guys worked hard to keep them clean, but not from you turning green!
The splash pool was fun for both Adults and kids!
The Food was good, i prefered the Buffet, the speciality resturants were pretty poor in my opinion, the Oriental was visited once and my daugthers salad had a cockrocah in one of the leaves, we never went back there, the mexican one was better but still not what i would call good, the dress code was said to be trousers and a shirt, the only thing they insisted on was no flip flops so it was not a nice night out when half were dressed up and others had sports shorts and Tee Shirts on.
These were the best bit of the holiday, amusing the kids so the adults got some peace, these guys deserve a medal.
Rope course, good for kids and adults, free for First Choice customers but at $10 for others i thought it a little expensive.
evening entertainment very poor, and beware of the Mozzies, at dusk thay come out and are hungry!
the beach and water psorts were good, snorkeling was good around 150mtrs offshore, Hobiecat was used a lot as well.
The Island, we took a jeep out and drove around the Island not too much to see but it was good to get out.
Flights, Inbound was fine, arrived on time, Outbound what a farce, no checkin desks opened and a large queue formed, First Choice reps where clueless, didnt know whether we had to check in first or pay exit tax first, then dissapeared without a trace. Return flight, no inflight entertainment 10hrs amusing the kids! OMG. what used to be called trolly dollies were now trolley grandmas, rude and ignorant when challanged about inflight entertainment problem, was called a liar when i asked why it had taken so long for them to come to me after pressing my button, the light didnt work it turned out but i was still called a liar!
Fisrt choice overall, Terrible, Last choice if you ask me. but as the ratings rate the Hotel only so i have been fair and truthful.
Holiday spoilt by poorly trained First Choice staff, mexcian staff were good, if you try to pick up the language they appreciate it and responds to you, pity the Reps dont take a leaf out of thier books.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Barcelo, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive