Allegro Cozumel
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$100
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$114
US$183
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Blue Angel Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$168
US$284
US$273
US$155
US$138
  • Pool
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$93
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$62
US$55
5,007 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencefirst clubfishdive shopkids poolthe oriental restaurantgreat beachkids cluba la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard bedsfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We are frequent travellers ( 3 times per year) and would never stay here again. We won't drag it out:
Rooms: clean enough, adequate but very out dated, paper thin walls- you could hear everything in the next room.
Staff: friendly and helpful, they can only work with what they are given
Food: DISGUSTING!!!! Thank goodness for the egg lady in the morning and the one a la carte restaurant that was open.
Beach : fabulous
Location: secluded ( we loved that)
A few tips for the hotel: 1) We are on vacation and DO NOT want to be woke up every single morning at 7 a.m. as your employees push their carts along the cobblestone walk ways, waking everyone up with the noise! 2) I have never stayed at a resort that does not have straws for your drinks. From a sanitary point of view that is below any standard I have heard of. The employees holds the rim of your glass with his bare hands as he fills it and then you drink from it. Who knows where or what his hands have been doing prior! Almost everyone we spoke to was sick at some point thru the week, could this be one reason why?????
Spend the extra and go elsewhere! You get what you pay for. Hint: people that were complaining enough got moved at no charge to the sister higher end property The Grand.

2  Thank vegas1212
Reviewed 18 December 2010

this is the first time I have done a review and felt like I had to, to set the story straight. My now fiance and I travelled to this hotel for a relaxing vacation. I read the reviews and was a little concerned. Believe me, you will have a great time at this place!
Check in was smooth, easy, and very friendly! (a smile, and a warm personality gets the same in return people)
The rooms were basic, clean and comfortable. If you want a 5 star stay at one. We were there to enjoy the sun, pools, beach and diving. The room wasn't a major factor in my holiday. Everything was up to my standards. I slept great every night! The bed is firm and had one of those egg carton style sponge things already on it. We did see mattresses being replaced with new ones every day.
The service at every bar and at every meal was better than any service that I've received at ANY canadian or american restaurant or bar! Once again people..wear a smile, have a great attitude, and learn peoples names! You will get great service! Also we tip horrible waiters and waitresses back home out of obligation. Tip these people a dollar or two and you will get Amazing service!
We never did go hungry. there was always something good, nutritious and tasty to eat. Use the sauces, and salsa! We are both health nuts and watch what we eat, so rice, meat and veggies were always available. Do you go to a 3 star in mexico for food??? Go to italy if you want to eat! Go to mexico if you want sun, sand, music, diving, and fun!
I proposed to my fiance at this resort. Ivan at the front desk arranged the most amazing lobster dinner for us at sunset on the beach! It was a perfect night!
We also booked a couples massage at the beach and it was great!
I did two dives with the shop at the Grand, as I'd heard that they were a better value. Dive Palancar was a good dive shop and the dives were very professional.
My last peice of advice would be, wear a smile on your face, be friendly to everybody! You will get amazing service and make great friends! After all...you are on vacation!!!

4  Thank lost_fijian
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We travel often and almost always book the cheapest deal we can find. As you can imagine we stay at a lot of places that are subject to some negative reviews but it usually boils down to you get what you pay for. We have never been to a place we wouldn't hesitate to return to until now. This was our 5th Cozumel trip.
Just pay a little more and stay at the much, much nicer Grand which is next door. The Iberostar 2 doors down is also very nice but the beach has more rocks.
If you book the Allegro insist on a renovated room on the 1st floor. Our 1st room was on the second with a thatched roof. There were holes a bird could and did fly through. Of course since it rained into the room it stank and was very musty. Bugs galore and the next morning sawdust covered my wifes things from whatever was eating away the wooden rafters.
Talked to 2 other couples with equally bad roofs. The hotel was full due to the Ironman contest so we had to put up with this room for the 1st night. After looking ar 2 rooms more we found one that was ok for the rest of our stay.
Breakfast was good as was lunch but we both agreed the dinners were the worst/blandest we've ever had. The 1st few nights the food wasn't even kept warm on the buffet. The staff was as usual, very nice and helpful. They do a good job with what they're given. Anyone that had problems with these people is most probably an ahole who treats the help like...hired help.
After most of the Ironman participants checked out things got better. More bars opened, the staff had time to be helpful and the food improved.
The dive operator was the most expensive we saw on Cozumel and the people that used them said they offered free Nitrox but never had any---???? We dove with Dive with Martin and were more than happy with their service. For 2 days the weather was too rough to go out and Dive with Martin gave us cash back for the missed dives. Allegros ProDive only offered credit. Nobody was very happy with that because nobody planned on returning to the Allegro. Like us, they were willing to spend a litle more and stay elsewhere.
There was one family that had been to the Allegro 5 times but siad they wouldn't return as it has declined too much.
If you can snag airfare, the hotel (all inclusive), and transfers for under $90.00 each I say go for it, otherwise, book the Grand or Iberostar. And if you're not a diver go somewhere else altogether. There are much nicer beaches than what Cozumel offers.

2  Thank david k
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Nice Beach & water, the grounds are kept very clean, the buildings need some work. The room was very basic, the food was not so good, (No variety, sometimes no food with little taste) Evening Entertainment was no communicated -so we didn’t know what to expect- so we never went.
I would recommend this Hotel and package through West jet for no more than $1200. For 2 people all inclusive including tax and everything, if you need a cheap getaway and no fuss no muss and no frills -this is for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ro555
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We stayed from the 20th Nov to 27th Nov. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing we disliked about the hotel was the food and the bed. First, the food was the same thing everyday. Breakfast...SAME, lunch...SAME, Dinner....SAME. To make things worst is that the food had NO taste. Every morning i had eggs because that is the only thing that u can add some flavor to. The bed...OMG....hard hard hard. I managed the first few nights but after that my back was sore and stiff. You can also hear your neighbour in the adjoining room....EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple