“Third time renting scooters from Ernesto's”
Review of Ernesto's Rental

Ernesto's Rental
Ranked #144 of 283 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Scooter rentals
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Third time renting scooters from Ernesto's”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have always had a positive experience renting scooters from Ernesto's. I book via internet. If you book on the internet you get a discounted price. Booking on the internet you pay half up front. The scooters ran very well. I believe they are well cared for. Each scooter rental comes with 2 helmets.

Make sure you walk around the scooter and note any dents with the sales person. I didn't do this trip and there was a small dent. When my husband returned my scooter and they thought I dropped the bike. I have never dropped a motorcycle or scooter in my life.

Good people here. Will be back again!

Visited March 2014
5 Thank KSunnySide

Edmonds, Washington
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“A great way to explore the island!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

When I reserved our scooter, I didn't realize that there are tons of places that rent them conveniently located near the cruise ports. That being said, I had booked on Ernesto's website, which is a great way to save a few dollars. The directions on their site tell you to head north from the cruise port- but this does not apply to Carnival's port. We started walking the wrong way and luckily we're redirected by a nice taxi driver.

It's a good ten minute walk from the cruise port, but located on the Main Street and easy to find. Service was friendly. They will take an imprint of your credit card as a "deposit" but will give you the entire slip (all copies) when you return the scooter.

The scooter was in excellent condition, and we had no problems with it. We opted not to refill the gas before returning it and simply paid them $5 upon return.

They will provide a map and circle some highlights for you. They were also very helpful in showing us where a couple of specific stores/restaurants were located on the map.

It was a great day, and Cozumel was our favorite port on our cruise (which included Honduras and Belize).

Visited May 2014
4 Thank tlawish
Riverbank, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Scooters were in great condition, appeared to be fairly new. I was held up with credit card to pay and Ernesto's released the two scooters to others in our party based on we where headed that way instead of holding them up. Helmets were good. This is our third time into Cozumel and we will always book with Ernesto's from now on.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gary480
North Royalton, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Service Excellent, Jeep Pretty Beat Up!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We rented a Jeep from here over the internet and things went very well. The service is outstanding in all aspects but the Jeep we got was pretty beat up...However, it served it's purpose and we were pleased but laughed a lot about the looks of our rental! The cab ride from the airport to here will cost $12.00 and when we dropped the Jeep back off the staff unloaded our Jeep got us a cab and it took less than 10 minutes!

Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“Great Experince”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Communicated with the establishment before I arrived, I like a vendor that responds quickly to my emails. The location is an easy 5-10 minute walk from the cruise dock. The prices were great compared to the other vendors, the moped/scooter my wife and i shared was good. I received a map and some point outs to places to visit. I was concerned about the traffic and driving in cozumel but rest assured it was very safe and I found all the car drivers very accommodating, in addition, there is a small bike/scooter lane which made it easy. Upon my return I did not want the hassle of going to the gas station so I was charged $5 which I though was fair. Overall, great place to rent, excellent service and when I returned I used the WIFI in the store. Good vendor

Visited April 2014