“good but not at the ferry dock to Playa” 4 of 5 bubbles

Owner description: Scooter rentals
Vancouver, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“good but not at the ferry dock to Playa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We enjoyed an exciting trip around the island using one of Ernesto's jeeps. It was't new nor was the place near the ferry terminal, cost us $ 7 in a taxi to get to the place for the cheap rental, the jeep had a few issues, which made it more of an interesting trip, no other issues, just the distance from the ferry terminal made me a bit mad...

Visited April 2014

Alvin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very good service, very BAD cars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was in Cozumel on 7/18/2014. Ernesto's rental is not as close as they say. In general the service is very good and friendly. They explain what to do, what not to do, and places of interest that people should go. They give maps and everything needed.

Jeeps are in a really bad condition. The speedometer on the jeep I had did not work. I had light on about "Check gears" that they told me not to pay attention to. The stick shift had many problems. Driving at about more than 25 mph makes the car feel like it is going to break apart. Many other problems. DO NOT RENT WITH THEM.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Leon A
Cypress, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best price on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ive rented from Ernesto's three times now. We always rent the jeep and of course we have the top down. Its a great way to get away from the crowds when you arrive in port. Jeeps are beat up but I love it. I always book online and save alot of money. They are quick to respond to any questions you have. Will be booking another day in September with Ernesto's. Its a great way to get to the other side of the island.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stacy S
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Third time renting scooters from Ernesto's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have always had a positive experience renting scooters from Ernesto's. I book via internet. If you book on the internet you get a discounted price. Booking on the internet you pay half up front. The scooters ran very well. I believe they are well cared for. Each scooter rental comes with 2 helmets.

Make sure you walk around the scooter and note any dents with the sales person. I didn't do this trip and there was a small dent. When my husband returned my scooter and they thought I dropped the bike. I have never dropped a motorcycle or scooter in my life.

Good people here. Will be back again!

Visited March 2014
5 Thank KSunnySide
Edmonds, Washington
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“A great way to explore the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

When I reserved our scooter, I didn't realize that there are tons of places that rent them conveniently located near the cruise ports. That being said, I had booked on Ernesto's website, which is a great way to save a few dollars. The directions on their site tell you to head north from the cruise port- but this does not apply to Carnival's port. We started walking the wrong way and luckily we're redirected by a nice taxi driver.

It's a good ten minute walk from the cruise port, but located on the Main Street and easy to find. Service was friendly. They will take an imprint of your credit card as a "deposit" but will give you the entire slip (all copies) when you return the scooter.

The scooter was in excellent condition, and we had no problems with it. We opted not to refill the gas before returning it and simply paid them $5 upon return.

They will provide a map and circle some highlights for you. They were also very helpful in showing us where a couple of specific stores/restaurants were located on the map.

It was a great day, and Cozumel was our favorite port on our cruise (which included Honduras and Belize).

Visited May 2014