“Great dive shop!”

Blue XT Sea Diving
Ranked #15 of 299 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founder, owner and Texas native Christi Courtney started Blue XT~Sea out of her island home, tooling around on a moped with a "Keep Austin Weird" sticker on the gas tank. With very little advertising and much goodwill, we grew to become one of Cozumel's best-loved dive operations. It wasn't just the famous surface-interval muffins and other snacks, it was the personal service that has set us apart from the very beginning. In October 2005, we purchased our second dive boat, Bandida II. Many of you know the story of how Wilma destroyed her before getting her launched - but we persisted and launched her in April 2006 and she operates alongside our original boat, Shamu providing greater choices and flexibility for our divers, snorkelers and guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We (three adults, two kids) dove with Blue XT Sea Diving for a week. Our experience ranged from hundreds of dives (two of the adults) to just certified (one of the kids). We arranged for a private dive group, just us five. Adrian, our divemaster, was great -- Cozumel has a lot of good reefs, but can be challenging with the currents, relatively deep dives, etc. Adrian did a great job of accommodating everybody; we had two good dives every day, and saw several Splendid Toadfish, many turtles, barracuda, nurse shark, grouper, morays, pompano, yellowfin tuna, flamingo tongues, and many many other fish and creatures -- Adrian was great at spotting as well as taking care of our group. Highly recommended

1  Thank John-PaloAlto
cozchristi, Owner at Blue XT Sea Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We will look forward to your return!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"great operation"
"cattle boat"

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The boats are just OK. The equipment is lacking and the tanks have a lot of issues. That said, Adrian is a fantastic dive guide and great with kids/beginning divers. He was on time to pick us up every morning, went above and beyond to take care of all of our equipment (we brought our own though our friends didnt) and was super with our 13- year-old kids. Above all that, he is an excellent spotter and found all sorts of wee beasties I would have missed including a baby trunkfish the size of a marble, flamingo tongues, anemone shrimp, etc.

1  Thank Jennie S

Thank you for your feedback Jennie! It was a pleasure to meet and host your family.

Yes, we did have some mechanical problems with our boat the week you were here as I explained, so I had to contract boats from another company. I apologize for this and I am sorry that they did not meet your standards - it is frustrating for us as well. Our own boats are in the process now during low season of being painted and we have brand new engines as well.

I am sorry that the fins and wet suits were not good fits for your travel companions. I did encourage that all divers have their own masks, fins and wet suits to ensure proper fit and comfort. Although we carry every available size in these items, there is no guarantee that the specific brand is a good fit for all. However, we are constantly increasing our inventory of rental gear and with that also comes a variety in manufacturers.

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I dove with Blue XTSea in December and had a great experience. Nivo and Pedro were great, and the communication with Christi was excellent.

1  Thank muteki

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I dove with Blue XT from Feb. 1 to 6, 2014. I purchased a 5 day (2 tank AM) dive package. This is my second visit to Cozumel. The first one was back in 2007 but I was with using another dive op. On this trip, I stayed at the Allegro Cozumel resort. Blue XT picked me up from and dropped me off at Allegro's pier with no issues.

Blue XT has impressed me with their excellent customer service. Their boats (Bandida 2 and Libra) are covered so we were nicely sheltered from the sun's rays during our trips out to the dive sites and surface intervals. Their boats are small and only accommodate 6 divers. I like small groups.

We were served fresh fruits and water on other dive days. However, there were two days when we were served with Kristi's delicious home-made cupcakes and brownies. Talk about personalized service! I try to minimize my sugar intake but I could not resist these goodies.

There are days I dove with Pedro and some days I dove with Jackie. Both dive guides were awesome in spotting critters and large animals. They gave simple and straight-forward dive briefings before each dive. Served you snacks during the service interval. And, they took care of your gear in between dives and after dives. Kudos to these well-mannered dive professionals including the boat captains!

Blue XT lets you dive and stay in the water for up to 60-minutes or 700-PSI whichever comes first. I like the fact that they don't abort dives just because someone ran out of air faster than the rest. If you reach 700-psi before everyone else, just let them know and they'll deploy a surface marker for you (I have mine but it is attached to my BC) to let the boat captain know that you're coming up. The rest of the group including the guide continues their dive.

Blue XT's dive package includes dive gear valet service. They rinsed and stored my regs, BC and fins after every dive day.

I will not hesitate to recommend Blue XT to friends and I will definitely use them again.

1  Thank Bisugo

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our crew and service. I hope that you are already thinking about your next trip :) We look forward to your return!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I just returned from another spectacular trip with Pedro Pablo, divemaster extraordinaire and boat captain, Nivo. 30 dives and each of them was at least 60 minutes. I enjoy the small boat. (6 divers) and that many of the people who dive with Blue Xtsea are repeat customers and usually very good divers. I have been diving with Pedro for more years than I like to admit and more than any of the instructors in OW, AOW and Rescue he has helped me become a competent diver. If you're an inexperienced diver he will give you a thorough briefing and offer helpful suggestions on breathing , weighting, etc,... I

Pedro has amazing eyes and a knack for finding critters such as Seahorses, Splendid toadfish, juvenile trunk fish, juvenile spotted drumfish that others miss. Pedro has 10,000+ logged dives and still is excited about diving and showing others the beautiful Cozumel reef. Diving with Pedro is slow and relaxed so one has time to see the small stuff and be awed by the amazing coral formations.

This is truly concierge diving. After you bring your gear the first day, Pedro and Nivo have it set up and waiting for you with the correct amount of weight. After diving the gear is rinsed and waiting for your next dive. I appreciate that Pedro or Nivo take your gear from you in the water, so one doesn't have to climb up the boat ladder wearing your BC and tank. I take underwater pictures and Nivo handles my equipment with great care.

On occasion my husband and I have tried other operations over the 20+ years we have been coming to Cozumel, there are many to choose from, but we have found none that measure up to diving with Pedro.

As usual, I can't wait to return

1  Thank luvnotworking

And we enjoy having you both back as repeat divers! You're the ones that keep us going by spreading the word and sharing your experiences! See you again soon!