“Outstanding Dive Company”
Review of Blue XT Sea Diving

Blue XT Sea Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founder, owner and Texas native Christi Courtney started Blue XT~Sea out of her island home, tooling around on a moped with a "Keep Austin Weird" sticker on the gas tank. With very little advertising and much goodwill, we grew to become one of Cozumel's best-loved dive operations. It wasn't just the famous surface-interval muffins and other snacks, it was the personal service that has set us apart from the very beginning. In October 2005, we purchased our second dive boat, Bandida II. Many of you know the story of how Wilma destroyed her before getting her launched - but we persisted and launched her in April 2006 and she operates alongside our original boat, Shamu providing greater choices and flexibility for our divers, snorkelers and guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dive Company”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First time diving in Cozumel. Checked out several dive companies for 4 divers. I went with two and we scheduled 10 dives over 3 days. Eight day and two night. Eight dives were with Blue XT Sea Diving. They were extremely detailed oriented, concierge type service, they took care of everything included rinsing and storing our equipment for the next day's dives. Pedro & Adrian (Dive Masters), Nivo (Captain), and Christi (owner) exceeded all of our expectations. They also prepared and led us through Nitrox certification. I will use them exclusively next time. Best dive company I've used so far.

2 Thank JohnRLloydpsu85
cozchristi, Owner at Blue XT Sea Diving, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you have found your new Cozumel dive home! We had a lot of fun with your group and look forward to your return sooner than later!

California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great Divemaster (Adrian) ... but bring your own wetsuit & stuff”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First of all, our dive master Adrian was wonderful. He looked after us, experienced divers to newly minted Junior Open Water diver, extremely well. I had complete confidence in him being safe with the kids in particular. He pointed out many different types of fish and marine life that we would not have noticed easily. He took us to places where rays, turtles, different marine life thrived. He avoided the crowd even though the dive sites were popular by staggering dive times and starting points. He was friendly and smart in making everyone happy.

Having said all that, I feel this is a dive shop that you need to bring most of your gear. My daughter and I rented everything except masks. We gave them our sizes months ahead. I wish they had told us they did not have our sizes and we could have rented them at home and bring with us.

My 12 years old daughter was given a shortie that was way too big for her. She was told that was all they had and it was right for her. She dived with that and was shaking in the 2nd dive. The 2nd day, they brought in a few full suits that were way too small or far too big. We were told that full suits were hard to fit and they only had a few. For 3 days, my daughter gave up doing the 2nd dive in the morning because of this despite the fact we had paid for this private charter for 2 dives a day per person.

I had a shortie when I was expecting a full suit. When I requested that on a 2nd day, what they gave me also did not fit. I have dived all over the world and this is the first time a dive shop does not have a full selection of dive suits in all sizes for rental.

When I first tried on the fins they gave me, they did not fit. I was told that they were perfect for me till I showed them how my feet had two big red marks (beginning of blisters) the fins gave me. They gave me some socks the 2nd day. I had to complain again for them to give me another set that finally fit.

We were not given dive computers which surprised me. Luckily, since this was a private charter with only 5 people, I just kept close to the dive master and followed his depth and time. I would have expected that to be offered for safety reasons.

The mouth piece for the regulator was far too big for my daughter and we went out and bought a new one for her. It was great for her that day. But the following time she dived, that mouth piece was not on her regulator. They kept saying the piece they gave her was just the same. We could tell it was not visually and it gave her problems again.

I wish they would stop telling us that something fit when they obviously did not. I would recommend that you bring whatever you need with you instead of renting from them.

Other than that, we had a great time diving with Adrian.

1 Thank 4Walkers
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed diving with Adrian.

I am sorry that the equipment sizing was not suitable for you. As I explained in the preliminary correspondence, as well as when you were here - we do provide and have all sizes of equipment, but due to variances between manufacturers, we highly encourage that divers bring their own personal gear (mask, fins and wetsuits) to assure and guarantee proper fit and comfort - particularly for tiny people like your 12 year old daughter. It is simply impossible for us to have a stock of rental inventory by different manufacturers to fit every body type.

We do have all sizes from XS to XXL in all rental gear - and "they" a/k/a Adrian brought several different consecutive sizes of wetsuits and fins for you to try. I am sorry that the particular brand of equipment was not a good fit for either of you. Again, this is why it is always encouraged for divers to at minimum bring their own personal gear.

Mouth pieces on rental regulators are standard size but we do have smaller mouth pieces upon request. Had you requested, we would have happily changed the mouth piece out for you.

Dive Computers are available upon request (they were not requested) for an additional charge. However, they are not required or necessary to make a safe dive, particularly when on a dive lead by a dive master. The dive plans are very conservative and are designed as multi-level profiles.

I am sorry that you feel the equipment did not meet your satisfaction, but I am happy that you enjoyed your diving and we welcome you back any time.
Palo Alto, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great dive shop!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We (three adults, two kids) dove with Blue XT Sea Diving for a week. Our experience ranged from hundreds of dives (two of the adults) to just certified (one of the kids). We arranged for a private dive group, just us five. Adrian, our divemaster, was great -- Cozumel has a lot of good reefs, but can be challenging with the currents, relatively deep dives, etc. Adrian did a great job of accommodating everybody; we had two good dives every day, and saw several Splendid Toadfish, many turtles, barracuda, nurse shark, grouper, morays, pompano, yellowfin tuna, flamingo tongues, and many many other fish and creatures -- Adrian was great at spotting as well as taking care of our group. Highly recommended

1 Thank John-PaloAlto
Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We will look forward to your return!
Palo Alto, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Get Adrian as your guide”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The boats are just OK. The equipment is lacking and the tanks have a lot of issues. That said, Adrian is a fantastic dive guide and great with kids/beginning divers. He was on time to pick us up every morning, went above and beyond to take care of all of our equipment (we brought our own though our friends didnt) and was super with our 13- year-old kids. Above all that, he is an excellent spotter and found all sorts of wee beasties I would have missed including a baby trunkfish the size of a marble, flamingo tongues, anemone shrimp, etc.

1 Thank Jennie S
Thank you for your feedback Jennie! It was a pleasure to meet and host your family.

Yes, we did have some mechanical problems with our boat the week you were here as I explained, so I had to contract boats from another company. I apologize for this and I am sorry that they did not meet your standards - it is frustrating for us as well. Our own boats are in the process now during low season of being painted and we have brand new engines as well.

I am sorry that the fins and wet suits were not good fits for your travel companions. I did encourage that all divers have their own masks, fins and wet suits to ensure proper fit and comfort. Although we carry every available size in these items, there is no guarantee that the specific brand is a good fit for all. However, we are constantly increasing our inventory of rental gear and with that also comes a variety in manufacturers.

We look forward to having you back!
Copenhagen, Denmark
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great diving in Cozumel”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I dove with Blue XTSea in December and had a great experience. Nivo and Pedro were great, and the communication with Christi was excellent.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank muteki
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!