This was our first trip back to the Presidente since their overhaul due to massive hurricane damage. We were happy to see the layout of the hotel had survived intact. We selected a "Reef Room" in the beach-side, single story, North end of the Hotel. It was difficult to pick out on the website but a toll free phone call sealed the deal.
Furnishings were new and modern, with nice couch, table and chairs. Above average size flat screen TV (though not channels are not HD). Big bathroom with two separated sinks, separate tub and glass stall shower. A/C was freezing if you wanted it to be (Remember 19 C is about 66 F!). The East wall facing the water is mostly sound-proof glass. The terrace is half covered and fully shaded, with slide swing, table, two loungers, hammock,and leads directly to a never crowded beach.
The North-end beach has lots of palapas for shade, many loungers, two small piers with easy-enter stairs to never disappointing snorkeling. Though I didn't use the in-house dive-op, Scuba Du, this trip, I have used them for diving AND fishing with much pleasure.
We ate at the open air El Caribeno restaurant and had Room Service, both were very nice.
We did have trouble getting our Presidente-provided bathrobes delivered to the right room and once got blankets instead of robes.
I have made in excess of 20 trips to Cozumel and the Presidente runs away with the Best Cozumel Hotel Award in my book. It is pricey but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente