We got home last night and can't wait to return! Located a few miles south of downtown San Miguel de Cozumel, this resort is ideally located -- close enough to make it easy and affordable to take cabs back and forth (as we did; it's only 90 pesos, or about $10 with tip each way) or drive yourself into town, but far enough so that the cruise ships aren't bothersome and the beaches are quiet and picturesque. Snorkeling right in front of the hotel is top-notch, and if you want to explore other reefs or go scuba diving, boats pick up and drop off at the dock right in front of the beach. It couldn't be easier. There are 3 separate beach areas and none ever seemed crowded; we could always find chaise lounges under palapas.
The property is what I'd call "upscale rustic," with foliage-lined rock walkways and outdoor corridors leading to wings of well-appointed, modern rooms. (Keep an eye out for stray iguanas; they like to stretch out on the sidewalks!) Our room (3110) looked out to the adult pool, which was more private - and cheaper - than a room right on the beach, but you do give up that ocean view. It was larger than the usual hotel room, and had a good amount of closet and dresser storage space. Rooms were cleaned expertly every day, and I loved the little towel animals. Beds are a bit firm, but they put extra padding on for us. All rooms have spacious terraces. Big kudos for free wi fi throughout the resort, though we usually had to step onto the terrace to get a signal (not inconvenient, considering how beautiful it is outside).
Staff here is warm and welcoming, especially Maria Luisa, who took care of us the entire week and made us feel like family. We had no complaints about quality of service anywhere in the resort. Bellmen were always present and hailed us cabs within seconds. If we had questions, the front desk was terrific. The waiters at El Caribeno restaurant were delightful and service was relaxed - they did not bring out a check until we requested it. I enjoyed that, because it gave us plenty of time to take in the gorgeous ocean views from the open-air dining area. Dinner at Alfredo rivaled any top Italian restaurant in the U.S. My husband got his scuba certification at the on-site Scuba Du and was thrilled with the instruction.
We did wish the beach bar was open later (it closed at 5 p.m.) and we would like to see a broader dinner menu at the main restaurant, but those are minor quibbles in the grand scheme. Overall, thanks to the wonderful people and awesome property, this was probably the most relaxing vacation we've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente