My husband and I spent 11 nights at the Intercontinental in Cozumel. We had an upgraded superior room facing the small beach area, near the dive shop. The room had its own patio, where complimtnary coffee was served every morning, delivered by staff members on bicycle. The patio had a table and chairs, two lounge chairs, and a hammock. It was lovely. The room itself was quite spacious, with a king bed, good storage, and a comfy upholstered love seat and large round coffee table with lovely vase and flowers on it. Decor is dark wood, pure white bedding, very calming effect.The flowers were refreshed regularly. There was also a large table which my husband used as a work surface. The bathroom was very large with a separate jetted tub and shower, as well as an outdoor shower - one of the highlights of this hotel!!! The large outdoor shower has greenery growing in and around it, and has a lovely rainshower head - the blooming flowers were so pretty - I saw a hummingbird in my shower one day!!!
The bed was comfy and had really lux feeling white sheets. The hotel supplied a large straw tote and beach towels - the beach was just astepas form our room. On the beach, there are thatched palapas - each has a flag which you can put out of you want service! or you can sit at the small each bar and have lunch or drinks. The food overall is very good although not exceptional, but all ingredients were very fresh and there were many choices. The main dining room is a huge thatched affair with lovely views. Staff are friendly and they remember what you like, whether it is milk for your coffee, a certain wine, etc. There is also an Itailian white table cloth restaurant which was overly air conditioned and too empty when we ate there. Nice guitar player, though. Room service was good and prompt.
The landscaping is lush and lovely, and the arrangement of the buildings, pools, beach etc. very pleasing to the eye.
The overall atmosphere is one of serenity and simple, classic, low key comfort. It is luxury without glitz. It is soothing, filled with blue water, lovely views, and good service. Lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente